can we sue irresponsible INS ?

INS Nightmare

Registered Users (C)
Im sick of the whole receipt delay..
everything is screwed..
my H1 expired long back/no EAD/AP yet...
I donno what they do with lots of money collected thru filing fee...
--
has any individual sued INS ??

No Title

Don\'t waste your time and money unless you are absolutely sure you could win the case. Try to locate a good lawyer and find any other alternative you have. for instance, The bill signed by Clinton last year allow you switch job so long as you filed your H1 petition. Don\'t tell me your 6 yr limits is over.

No Title

INS_Nightmare you can only sue if you have substantial concrete evidence that you have been unjustified, the courts will ask for evidence they will not even look if it is a hear say, if you are frustrated about the employee you can only complain and the department of justice has to solve it, and they will offer relief for the complaint, but if it goes beyond that only then you can think of sueing and winning, otherwise the courts will not even accept the case..

Hope this helps

No Title

Frustration is common. You think otherways to get around like going to a good lawyer, talking to IIOs, and impressing them get your details as soon as possible, writing letters to complaints office etc. If everything fails, you take sueing as last step.

No Title

This is what was tried before -

While my I140 being processed VSC suddenly decided that they won\'t process I140s any more till they are relieved from other work load. Because of which the approval got delayed by 3-4 months. And now I am stuck with the delay in the start of 485 processing.

As the things started becoming worse, people in the I140 discussion group of this site got very much frustrated and tried many things such as -
- Calling local senators or congressmen and let them know how INS is playing with us.
- Sending lots and lots of email to them and white house.
- They involved ISN in their activity
- They contacted AILA (Lawyers association) and made their voice heard.
- Regular calls to IIOs and letting them know how it is affecting the applicants.

I really do not know the exact impact of this activity but after persistent effort INS had to bow down and they started the processing I140s.

You can see all these discussions between Mar - May time frame in the I140 news group.

It seems INS can not handle multiple tasks at a time. When they undertake one task, they completely screw up other. They work on time sharing basis. And each time they get some reason. This time mail front log because of contractor problem. The contractor might have got sick of INS too and went on strike.

May be unless the fire in an area is not too much INS won\'t bother to pay attention. Somehow INS has to understand that the frustration with I485 waiters is mounting and something needs to be done.

I applied for 485 on 26 Apr and no receipt yet. And neither my lawyer is bothered :(

No Title

I agree with 485Suffer. I think suing SC is the last resort. However, the idea of suing the contractor did come across my mind. I remember one or two years ago, the union that controlled the NC transit workers threatened to go on strike. Think of how chaotic it could have been if there had been no public transportation on a work day in NC! The city went to the court and got an injunction against the strike. Of course, there was a law prohibiting such strike.

The point that I am trying to make is that no matter what have happened between the contractor and SC, it\'s their business. Why did the contractor even go to the court and tried to (don\'t know if it was successful) get an injunction against SC\'s switching to the new contractor on June 16. We probably don\'t care who\'s fault it was in their dispute, but many people like INS Nightmare have suffered while waiting for I-485 receipts. We have every right to blame and even take actions against the contractor, for it not only caused the front log but it is also trying to prevent SC from clearing it.

No Title

Just called VSC. The recorded message says that they temporarily closed their office, and I was not able to talk to anyone. I don\'t know what kind of emergency they are having.