• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Can we complete CP in home country within 2 weeks?

tobehard

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I am going to do CP. But I need to return to my home country.

My question is that since we need to have physical exam before interview. And after interview, will we get the green card stamp or we need to wait for background check?

I plan to take 2 weeks vacation back to home country, is that enough for the whole CP process time? If not, please let me know how long will it take?

I work in USA now with H1

You will not have a background check, administration process, whatever they call, because you still have been living in US. In couple days you could get the visa if you will have all your documents in your hands..Regards.

Hi

I am going to do CP. But I need to return to my home country.

My question is that since we need to have physical exam before interview. And after interview, will we get the green card stamp or we need to wait for background check?

I plan to take 2 weeks vacation back to home country, is that enough for the whole CP process time? If not, please let me know how long will it take?

I work in USA now with H1

thanks dragoman

Do you mean the 2 weeks visiting enough for me to have physical exam and interview as with the whole procedure.... get GC within 2 weeks?

I think 2 weeks is quite enough, but check please about physical exam, I guess it takes also couple days. Obtaining police report takes time too. Try to start the process for the police report in your native country before you will be arrived.

thanks dragoman

Do you mean the 2 weeks visiting enough for me to have physical exam and interview as with the whole procedure.... get GC within 2 weeks?

sometimes people are stuck in administrative check for months (8 months was a record in DV-06). Depending on your country and your name, you may or may not make it in two weeks.

Thank you LucyMo.

What's the purpose for administrative processing check? I am from Taiwan, btw. Does this mean it can be faster from Taiwan?

If due to the administrative processing check and stuck here with no immedediate result after interview. And I also need to return to USA for work to keep my H-1 ( just in case ).

Do you think that I can go back to USA to get the result from administrative processing check and get the green card in USA ? Or I'd better stay in my home country to wait the final decision......

please kindly answer me.,.. thank you

Is there any case that the winner working and living in the US had a long administrative processing..?

sometimes people are stuck in administrative check for months (8 months was a record in DV-06). Depending on your country and your name, you may or may not make it in two weeks.

Last edited by a moderator: