Can we apply for EAD

rjo1

Registered Users (C)
I am GC holder and my wife is on H1B. Her actual H1B visa in her passport is expired, but we have the new I-797 and I-94 valid till 2008. We are avoiding going for new H1B stamping.

I have filed her I-130 with CSC.

I need to confirm something:
We are expecting the I-130 approval by Dec 06, after which I will file for her I-485.

Can I apply for her EAD with the I-485. That way she can leave her H1B employer and work elsewhere, or not work at all.

1). Is the above possible - can she get EAD after I-130 approval and I-485 pending.
2). How long to get EAD card after filing for it with the I-485.
3). Can she get Advance Parole to travel after the EAD - how long to get AP in SFO.

Thanks a lot.
--

rjo1 said:
We are expecting the I-130 approval by Dec 06, after which I will file for her I-485.

Is her priority date current? Do you expect it will be by 12/06? if it is not current she cannot file an I-485, hence no EAD.

That way she can leave her H1B employer and work elsewhere, or not work at all.

She does not require employment authorization in order to be unemployed. ;) She does, however, require a filed I-485.

In other words:

After I-130 approval (whenever that comes) - if GC holder is filing I-485 for H1B Spouse, can she get EAD and leave her H1B employer or change employer on receipt of EAD card?

Then can she get Travel Document / AP to travel.

Our objective is, that she quit her H1B job and be able to stay in the US and travel to India AFTER (I-130 approval, I-485 Application is pending and EAD card in hand). Is this possible??

Thanks again.
--