Can We Apply 2 H1(s) at same time

fusebox

I have got 2 offers from 2 different companies in US..I am in confusion as to which company I shud go with..and I am taking some time to decide.But meanwhile I dont want to miss the H1 Quota bus..So can someone tell me if both of the employers can apply H1s respectively and later upon my choice I can go with one employer.

Appreciate your responses.

Thanks.

Yes , you can do that.

I have got 2 offers from 2 different companies in US..I am in confusion as to which company I shud go with..and I am taking some time to decide.But meanwhile I dont want to miss the H1 Quota bus..So can someone tell me if both of the employers can apply H1s respectively and later upon my choice I can go with one employer.

Appreciate your responses.

Thanks.

Hi

I have a similar situation arising where one employer has agreed to file h1 for me, but still if I get another good/better offer, can I go ahead? What happens to the cost that the first employer would be occuring on filing my H1? Or I should stop the first employer in case I decide to go with the second employer.

Now several employers asking 2 to 3 K for filing H1, that is the culmination of you guys going for multiple H1s. Employers should not be blamed here after asking money for H1.

Hi

I have a similar situation arising where one employer has agreed to file h1 for me, but still if I get another good/better offer, can I go ahead? What happens to the cost that the first employer would be occuring on filing my H1? Or I should stop the first employer in case I decide to go with the second employer.

I am not sure

Recently I have got a call from one employer who is very famous and makes Government Projects. He has told me that they are making a software for consulate to track a person who has applied for multiple h1 and has got that approved. He has also informed me that this time that is for 2006 many h1b were put on hold or rejected because of the same reason.
I could be wrong here though I would recommend that just stick to one Employer (of your choice) because applying from multiple places and "with virtue of limited h1b quota" you are reducing a chance of another person's petition getting approved.

Bhargav

you can, but that won't help you much if the quota runs out on the first day. there is also a risk that you may have both approved and the consular officer may deny the VISA once he sees that. and one of the employers won't be happy either. my advice is don't do it.

If I remember correctly, the law says multiple petition to the same person is counted only 1 quota. I don't know how they identify those are the same person, though.

INA says

(7) 2/ Any alien who has already been counted within the 6 years prior to the approval of a petition described in subsection (c), toward the numerical limitations of paragraph (1)(A)shall not again be counted toward those limitations unless the alien would be eligible for a full 6 years of authorized admission at the time the petition is filed. Where multiple petitions are approved for 1 alien, that alien shall be counted only once.

Hi guys
this a good topic. I know we should not waste the money of the employer because it is may cause somebody to suffer. So can we get some reliable source for the information.