Can someone please help me understand this LUD?

bljinadu

Registered Users (C)
"On September X, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done."

When I called the 1-800 number, it said that a decision should be made within 60 days. Does the message above now mean it will take less than that? What is this preliminary processing?

Thanks

Great message, indeed!

bljinadu,

From my experience and many other postings in this forum, this is a very wonderful message: Your approval is imminent. The approval could come within a week! Congratulations and please keep us posted!

Rfe

bljinadu said:
"On September X, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done."

When I called the 1-800 number, it said that a decision should be made within 60 days. Does the message above now mean it will take less than that? What is this preliminary processing?

Thanks
Bljinadu,

I am in the same situation as yours. What was your RFE about?
Thanks

bljinadu said:

Thanks

Some time ago the message included "It is taking 360-540 days to process this type of case. However because preliminary processing..."

So, message above means that some computer guy at uscis didn't delete part of the standard message, and it is now doesn't make any sense.

Preliminary processing is a check of the appropriateness of forms, correctness of filling etc.

And to decrease enthusiasm: my staus message is the same, and it is dated by May 3, 2005

Same Situation

Hello,

I am going to begin the same process you went through and was wondering if you could help me. I am a US citizen and I just got married. My husband is here on an H-1B and I want to do an adjustment of status but will be doing all the papers myself because I cannot afford a lawyer.

Do you know where I can find his Visa # in the passport? All I see is control # and a number in red.

Do you know if I should check yes or no in section 3 of the I-485 where it asks: Were you inspected by a US Immigration Officer?

bljinadu, My case seems exat replica of yours as well.

Please let us know with any updates you might have on your case, I will do the same...Good luck!

Freemann! Do you think my approval is imminent to..:) Just curious.

Thanks.

----------------
EB2 -India
Lc Filed Sept/2003 -- Approved Aug/2004
I-140/I-485 Filed on Sept/2004
I-140 Approved on June/2005
I-485-RFE - Aug/2006 -- LUD on Aug 6 2006
RFE-Responded -- LUD on Sept 6 2006 (Received)
LUD on Sept 25 2006
LUD on Sept 26 2006

Last edited by a moderator:
I think so!

Lucky_V,

I think the message you and bljinadu received is very typical of the imminent I-485 approval as long as the visa is available. One more example: Check the most recent posting by "annie88" and you will find what he has got after the promising message.

Best of luck with your case and keep us posted!

Well, today is the 27th Sept. and still no update on the last response to my RFE yet. I am keeping my fingers crossed. My EAD card did arrive though, but I am ready to get this interview thing done and I'm wondering what could be the hold up as the majority of people are getting their interviews within 120 days.

My RFE was simply a request for missing "initial evidence".. They wanted a copy of my birth certificate as my affidavit wasnt accepted.

la_condesa said:
Hello,

I am going to begin the same process you went through and was wondering if you could help me. I am a US citizen and I just got married. My husband is here on an H-1B and I want to do an adjustment of status but will be doing all the papers myself because I cannot afford a lawyer.

Do you know where I can find his Visa # in the passport? All I see is control # and a number in red.

Do you know if I should check yes or no in section 3 of the I-485 where it asks: Were you inspected by a US Immigration Officer?

You should ask in different thread or start a new one, your question is not related to this thread.
Visa number is the red number.
If he came legally then yes, he was inspected by a US immigration officer (normally they ask few questions on the border).