Can she re-enter on her B visa?

sprk

URGENT PLS REPLY!!- Can she re-enter on her B visa?

My mother visited the U.S 3 years back. she has a 10 year multiple entry B visa. We applied to extend her visa by 1 month and received the receipt for the same from INS. She left within 10 days of receiving the receipt. After her departure we got a letter from INS saying ehr visa extension was approved. UNFORTUNATELY, THIS LETTER IS NOW LOST.

She is planning to return again at the end of next month and we are eharing a lot of stories of harrassment of visitors who have insufficient documentation of legal extensions. We even heard of a case where 2 people were deported back to India.

What is the best way to proceed now? Can we obtain a duplicate copy of her extension approval? Do we have to revalidate her visa? Please help

soumya

Last edited by a moderator:
Update

i asked the same question to bombay consulate where the original visa was issued. their reply went like this, and i quote

" Since she did not legally overstay she can travel on the same visa. She does not need to revalidate her visa.

If she later wants to apply for another visa she will need to show this approval of extension, so you need to get a duplicate extension."