Can my parents visit me ?

myjuls

Registered Users (C)
Hi!
I haven't seen my parents for a long time and I am dying to see them.
I know it's kind of risky to travel out of US to your home country on AP while you are in the process of adjusting your status. Do you think it's possible to get your mother or father to come here for a visit to see you instead?

thanks

myjuls said:
Hi!
I haven't seen my parents for a long time and I am dying to see them.
I know it's kind of risky to travel out of US to your home country on AP while you are in the process of adjusting your status. Do you think it's possible to get your mother or father to come here for a visit to see you instead?

thanks
If you haave not been out of status for any period of time I don't think it is risky to travel on AP. I have not heard any nrgative case for it.
Ofcourse you can sponsor your parents for visitor visa.

I've been out of status for 3 years so travelling on AP is out of question.
I want to know if considering my situation it will be a problem for my parents to get visas to come to US.

I don't think its going to affect them to get their visitor visa. There is nothing to loose to try once.

Well, what I think is that if you overstayed your visit and then applied for adjustment ,they (CIS) may think that your parents can do the same and then they'll deny them in visas. Once a visa is denied it's hard to get a new one.

myjuls said:
Well, what I think is that if you overstayed your visit and then applied for adjustment ,they (CIS) may think that your parents can do the same and then they'll deny them in visas. Once a visa is denied it's hard to get a new one.
I don't think they will think in that way. Once you get GC and then you become a USC, they will anyway going to get GC through you.
Do you have anyone else in your family here who can sponsor for their visitor visa? Try to search on B visa thread.you may find somebody with same Q.

Most of the sucess will depend in the ability of your parents to demostrate that they have enough things that attach them to their country. If your situation can be a major "factor" ? I don't think so, but definetly they can look at it. In any case if you don't try you will never know, it's money but just try since you can't get out, the other way is to wait until you get your green card and then visit them.
Good luck,

Last edited by a moderator: