1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I work in a US Gove org now that I have my GC?

Discussion in 'Employment Information' started by Smirk, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Smirk

Smirk Registered Users (C)

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if I am allowed to work in a government organisation now that I have my GC or do I have to limit myself to applying only to private companies?

Your help is much appreciated.
    :D

2. Smirk

Smirk Registered Users (C)

bumpity bump

3. hadron

hadron Registered Users (C)

Many jobs with the federal goverment will say 'for US citizens only, non-citizens authorized to work may be hired if the director of xyz certifies that the skills of the non-citizen are required for the position' or something of that nature.

No crime in applying for a job. I wouldn't bank on succeeding, unless you really have something that uniquely qualifies you for a particular position.

4. nkm-oct23

nkm-oct23 Registered Users (C)

Only those jobs that require a security clearance will have a "US citizen only" requirement since only US citizens can get a security clearance. All other jobs (with some exceptions like civil service jobs) are open to green card holders.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2009
  5. Chriskattan

Chriskattan Registered Users (C)

yes
    i agree with you

6. S_Owoh

S_Owoh Registered Users (C)

Just be careful when filling out the application , never check the USC box, even just to try to get an interview. It will make you so you can never get a citizenship ( false claim to USC charge )

7. PRAHA

PRAHA Registered Users (C)

are you "minority"??