Can i travel outside the USA while my EAD is in Process??

shaj123

Hi,
I am on L2 Visa and applied for my EAD(Employment authorization) a month back. Can i make international travel while EAD is in process??

thanks in advance
shaj

Of course. Your L2 status is not dependent on your EAD, it is simply an extra benefit which allows you to work. Your L2 visa, along with proof that your spouse's L1 is still valid is what will get you back into US.

Thanks nelsona for the reply. My concern is I-94 number will be changed once i re enter to the USA.
I had given my I-94 copy to the USCIS while applying for EAD. will they cross check the I-94 number while issuing the EAD??

Can i travel out of U.S while my OPT ( i-765) is in process.

Hi

I applied for EAD on mar 25th.I travelled to INDIA on mar 30th due to some health issues.I graduated on may 15th.My EAD is still in progress.I have couple of questions.

1.It has been almost 2 months since i apllied.Do you think the delay in my case is due to me staying out of U.S.
2..Can i travel to U.S while EAD is still in progress along with receipt and job offer letter.

Can I travel to india while my EAD application is in progress

Hi Balaji,

I am in a similar position as you were. I am on L2 visa and will be applying for EAD and then i have to go back to India for my formal releiving from my company.

Did you get the EAD.
Were there any problem while re-entering in US.

can you please tell me if there is anything special I have to take care of?

Regards,
Anant.