Can I re apply for my mother or is it a done deal?

barry4me

Registered Users (C)
Just some background...in 2010, I applied for CP for my mother in Pakistan. The I-130 was approved quickly and the case moved to NVC, I sent in my affidavit of support, paid the fees for everything etc. Then my mother bagan stalling with her documentation, etc. Basically, she changed her mind, but wouldn't give me a straight answer, so the case was left as is. I sent an email to NVC informing them that I am withdrawing the case, coz my mother didn't want to come here anymore. That was in 2011. I didn't get a response or anything from NVC confirming it.

Now... My mother visited me last month, went back to Pakistan and tells me this week that she wants to move here now. Her visitors visa expires in May 2013. Apparently she's been talking to people and someone told her to come back to the US in December and have me do an AOS for her while she is here.

So, my question is. Is it possible for me to do that seeing that the CP case was pretty much abandoned? Also, what will be the implications of her visiting me twice in one year. I'm sure it will be obvious at the port of entry that she is entering with the intent to stay.

I'm not sure if I should call NVC or USCIS afraid to raise any red flags. So just wanted your opinions on this.
Thanks!

Just some background...in 2010, I applied for CP for my mother in Pakistan. The I-130 was approved quickly and the case moved to NVC, I sent in my affidavit of support, paid the fees for everything etc. Then my mother bagan stalling with her documentation, etc. Basically, she changed her mind, but wouldn't give me a straight answer, so the case was left as is. I sent an email to NVC informing them that I am withdrawing the case, coz my mother didn't want to come here anymore. That was in 2011. I didn't get a response or anything from NVC confirming it.

Now... My mother visited me last month, went back to Pakistan and tells me this week that she wants to move here now. Her visitors visa expires in May 2013. Apparently she's been talking to people and someone told her to come back to the US in December and have me do an AOS for her while she is here.

So, my question is. Is it possible for me to do that seeing that the CP case was pretty much abandoned? Also, what will be the implications of her visiting me twice in one year. I'm sure it will be obvious at the port of entry that she is entering with the intent to stay.

I'm not sure if I should call NVC or USCIS afraid to raise any red flags. So just wanted your opinions on this.
Thanks!

I remember you, I applied for my dad at the same time, Your mom's I 130 got approved in 2mts, It took 3mts for my dad.
Well. first call NVC and ask them in what stage is you case? Dont mention any thing about Emailing the to withdraw the petition, Once hey give you an answer we can think which is the good way to do it

She has shown clear intentions of wanting to immigrate to the US earlier. Do not attempt the AOS route. There is an approved I-130. Speak to NVC and attempt ot use that approved I-130 for CP purposes.

someone told her to come back to the US in December and have me do an AOS for her while she is here.