can i make my appoitmant in other country

maeein2012

Registered Users (C)
hi, please help,
my case closed in nvc, and the us embassy in my country is closed,so can i make my appoitmant in other country, and how longe time takes to forward to other embassy

Is the US embassy in your country closed permanently? Your consular interview has to be in a country where you're a legal resident or citizen ... unless your country of citizenship or residence doesn't have a US embassy (e.g. Iran), in which case the consulates in certain other countries may take your case.

thank you jackolantern
the us embassy in my country is not closed permanently, but closed most of the time,because the revolation that happen in my country (YEMEN)

but can ypu tell me how long time takes to transferring to other embassy?
some one tell me , it takes 8 months,is that right?

The transfer should take about 3-6 months, unless there is some other reason for a delay like your priority date not being current.

But if you're going to transfer it to a country where you don't have citizenship or legal residence, contact the other embassy(ies) first to verify that they will take your case. The Department of State may also have a list of specific countries where the embassy would accept applicants from Yemen.

Don't forget to check the travel requirements from your country of citizenship to the country that you are going to have your US Visa appointment at.