Can I join part time MBA

Shakti Kapoor

Registered Users (C)
Can I join part time MBA program while my AOS is pending....Like you all, I am also a victim of F***ing Retrogression concept.....So i want to start my MBA while waiting for VSC Son of B***H to get out of their holiday mood and approve my application ( most probably is 2006)...my PD is DEC 2002...I am so royally Scr***ED...

Anyway the question is CAN I JOIN ANY UNIVERSITY or DO I NEED TO BE ON F1 visa

SHAKTI

If you are going to be doing part-time MBA you can I guess, with the same status. But if you plan to do full time you will have change status to F1 or wait till you get your GC approved. I'm also thinking of the same, i guess I will have to go with part-time if this retrogression will effect me.

EB3/IND/PD-4/02
485 ND 10/28/03
FP 9/25/04
LUD - no changes what so ever since filing

PT/FT doesn't matter.

Most of the Masters school offer classes in evening and it's not at all a problem. Just go to admission office with proof of your pending GC and speak to them. They are very much interested in geeting money out of your pocket.

Shakti Kapoor said:
Can I join part time MBA program while my AOS is pending....Like you all, I am also a victim of F***ing Retrogression concept.....So i want to start my MBA while waiting for VSC Son of B***H to get out of their holiday mood and approve my application ( most probably is 2006)...my PD is DEC 2002...I am so royally Scr***ED...

Anyway the question is CAN I JOIN ANY UNIVERSITY or DO I NEED TO BE ON F1 visa

SHAKTI
Firstly, thank you! I am totally frustated too... i have almost given up on a possibolity of a speedy approval. I plan to do the same... get a permanent job... and do a part time MBA... just happy to know i am not the only one...

To answer your question, as long as you are employed full time as specified in you labor petition, you can do anything you want... MBA, own Business etc...

You can study part time, but make sure to work full time at ur sponsoring company because if ucis sends you a rfe, they would ask you for your employment letter and/or pay subs. So part time study is okay. Full time study may be okay but not a good idea because u have to provide proofs like paystubs and employment letter, and u have to be employed at the time of gc approval since gc is for a future job.

USGC485 said:
u have to be employed at the time of gc approval since gc is for a future job.

You understand the contradiction in this sentence, right? ;)

You don't need to be employed by your sponsoring employer if USCIS raises an RFE. If you have no paystubs, then that's OK. However, keep in mind that the easiest way to prove that the employer will hire you at the specified wage after the approval is to already be hired at the specified wage by the sponsoring employer.

A part time program might be best simply because a full-time program would force you to drop out or switch to part time if the approval came at an unexpeced time.

Again.

Most of the school offer classes in evening to accomaodate working class student. You don't need to be part time worker to get enroll into full-time MBA program. I have done MBA in US and most of the students with me were working full-time during their course of study.

Check with your college of interest and most probably they will be having a flexible schedule to accomodate your schedule.