Can I file PERM after Wage Expired Date?

zhfg

The Prevaling Wage Determination Expired Date is too short, we can not finish recuiting before that date. Is possible to file PERM after that date?

I think you have to file within the valid days 90 days or specified by SWA,

Last edited by a moderator:
zhfg said:
The Prevaling Wage Determination Expired Date is too short, we can not finish recuiting before that date. Is possible to file PERM after that date?

In short - NO, you must have a vailed prevailing wage to file a PERM application.

However get your attorney to contact your local state workforce assoc. to extend the prevailing wage, they usually do it instantly (unless you live in CA...in which case good luck!!)

zhfg said:

90 days are not enough ??

You just need to recuite for 30 days and wait for 30 days. Then cost 1-7 days to prepare paper work. DONE.

Pwd

2. Question: Does a prevailing wage determination expire?

Answer: Yes, a prevailing wage determination has a limited validity period as specified by the State Workforce Agency. The validity period may range from no less than 90 days to no more than one year from the determination date.
==

This is posted on the DOL.

checked the FAQ's

unitednations said:
I talked about this with California prevailing wage determination unit.

According to them and I did check it out in DOL FAQ 1.

Thanks UN, guess I needed to read the FAQ's again... <reads> hmmm interesting and I did note these items that are worth bearing in mind:

It explicitly states that a prevailing wage is NOT needed before you start recruitment. However, if you read on... it states:

"to use a SWA prevailing wage determination, the employer must file its application or begin recruitment within the validity period."

Surely that means you can start recruitment with out the PWD but you have to file with a valid PWD, on the flip side you can get a valid PWD before recruitment and then file without it being valid. I would urge caution on this though... espcially if you are pushing the limits of the PWD with your salary

Perminator,

My company started the recruiting process after we got the PWD back. But did not apply within the validity period. And I got rejected! Was my application not supposed to be rejected?

Thanks

unfortunately

Virus,

I think you unfortunately landed in the middle ground, started recruitment before getting PWD and filed after it had expired. This is denial territory. I am still of the opinion that no matter what you want a valid prevailing wage when you file. It just makes sense considering the idiots who read these applications.. :mad:

Am I OK ? Help

I work for state and as our salaries are governed by collective bargaining Agreement , my employer is sure that the Prevailing wage would be accepted, so we have gone forward and completed all recruitment steps before we got the Prevailing wage acceptance, so here is my case details and my question

1) Nov3rd to Jan 3rd - Completed all recruitment steps
2) Jan 10th - Received Prevailing Wage acceptance from SWA
Determination Date : Jan 10 2006
Expiry Date : Dec 31 2006

My question is can my employer go-ahead with filing 9089 on Jan 16th or do we need to wait for 30 days from Date my Prevailing Wage Determination date?

Thanks in advance.

ok

Provided you salary meets the wage permhelp it looks like you are fine, you shouldnt have to wait to file after receiving the wage

Can you use original work order but get a current PWD

It seem it is better to get current PWD, and then my second questions:

Can I use the original work order based on last PWD. In the application I will definitely use current PWD. Otherwise I have to wait another two months: post work order for a month and then wait another 30 days.

It is bad because DOL change PWD in early of Jan.

PERM with EB2

hi All,

I worked with a CompanyA for THREE years and left them for CompanyB 2 YEARS AGO, i am still working with CompanB,

Now CompanyA wants to file a PERM for me.

My question is Can i use THREE years experience gained from CompanyA toward my labor certification through CompanyA, NOTE I am not employed with CompanyA right now.

Thanks

thePERMINATOR said:
Virus,

I think you unfortunately landed in the middle ground, started recruitment before getting PWD and filed after it had expired. This is denial territory. I am still of the opinion that no matter what you want a valid prevailing wage when you file. It just makes sense considering the idiots who read these applications.. :mad:

I think virus started the recruitment after (not brfore) he got PWD, so shouldn't it be ok then eventhough he filed PERM after the PWD's expired??