Can I file multiple I-140s? Is only job offer sufficient to prove intent for I485 ?

Kumarash

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

I have read in the forums that I can possibly file two I-140s with two different employers but at one point in future I can file ONLY ONE I485 based on the approval of one of the I140s. Obviously at the point i will use the I140 that has been approved faster than the other one because I expect my GC with B will be faster due to PERM and I140 under Eb2 (due to retrogression)

I work for company A (files LC under RIR/Eb3 awaiting approval) and filing another GC under PERM/EB2 with company B for a similar job. Even though due to backlog the labor process with A has been delayed for too long, I would still like to continue employment with them because of better compensation and benefits.

So my question is : Do I have to quit my job with A and start working with B when the GC process with B progresses to the stage of I485 filing? or just a future job offer is sufficient to prove that I will be working for B in future? The nature or work is quite similar for both jobs in A & B.

Is it really obligatory to work for B in the future or I can use B's gc approval to continue working for A?

Many thanks in advance for your valuable response,

Kumarash