Can I call an IO at TSC?

brewtus

Registered Users (C)
I filed my NIW 140 at TSC on Jan 12, 2007 which is still pending. I filed with a lawyer. Can I call TSC and speak to an IO about my case or only my lawyer can do it since he is the designated representative?

The response to our latest SR is that we should get something in 60 days. Anyone got similar response and got decision?

Thanks

I don't know about EB2 but in EB-1, an IO can NOT give you an update as you are a beneficiary. Only your lawyer can get an update from calling a service center.

I don't know about EB2 but in EB-1, an IO can NOT give you an update as you are a beneficiary. Only your lawyer can get an update from calling a service center.

Of course, you can get an update from your case, be it EB1 or EB2. When you call TSC, the automated system tells you who all are eligible to receive updates. As a beneficiary, you have the right to call them up and so does your lawyer.

No, the beneficiary is not always entitled to receive updates about the I-140. For I-140/NIW (and EB1A), however, the petitioner and the beneficiary are the same, so yes, you can call and ask, despite having a lawyer.

You can always try calling. I called up for my EB1B a few months back (when it was pending) at NSC and they catergorically said that I am a beneficiary and they can give an update only to the petitioner (lawyer/employer).

I filed my NIW 140 at TSC on Jan 12, 2007 which is still pending. I filed with a lawyer. Can I call TSC and speak to an IO about my case or only my lawyer can do it since he is the designated representative?

The response to our latest SR is that we should get something in 60 days. Anyone got similar response and got decision?

Thanks

You can call because in NIW you are both petitioner as well as beneficiary. Only petitioner or lawyer can call. So in NIW or EB1A you can call but in EB1B petitioner is employer so beneficiary can't call.