Can I be a Contractor?

kaveh2006

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,
My i-140 is approved and had my 485 interview last July, PD Nov-2001, waiting for visa numbers to be current. Do you guys know if I can work as a ccontractor...basically, working full time for a company in the same field that I'm working right now but as a contractor...Please let me know

Why not ?

make sure u file AC21 using a good lawyer. Will ur old company cancel ur I140 ?

My company can not do anything ; )

It's been a 1.5 yrs since I applied for my I-140 and 485...and my i-140 got approves7 month ago...I talk to the company lawyer and he told me that I'm portable...My company has no power what so ever to do anything tome ; )
I don't even think I need to do AC21...My stupid lawyer said some lawyers do it and some don't...that he doesn't think it's necessary to do in my case...I don't know...
Gurus, I've had my stressfulll interview already...you think I can quit this job all together and take a break for a yr...lol...I don't know...
Please advice...
Regards

i think you cannot become independent contractor when ur on EAD, you can change employers, should be a full time employee with new employer.

that's what it will be

sr2610 said:
i think you cannot become independent contractor when ur on EAD, you can change employers, should be a full time employee with new employer.

I'll be a full time employee but on a contact of for example a year...