Can I attend Citizenship Oath ceremony after the address change?

gita22

Registered Users (C)
I had Citizenship interview done on Mar 10 successfully and the application has been
recommended for approval. I moved out of state(FL) on Mar 31 st.

I have filed AR-11 with a new address online (general address change and also N400 address change) and also received a confirmation from USCIS that address has been updated for my N-400 application.

Now, I got a letter today from USCIS sent to my new address(NOT forwarded) to attend the Oath ceremony in FL. Mine is a name change application so they asked me to come to US District court for the Oath ceremony on May 20 th.

Upon reading from the forums I was expecting to get the Oath letter to attend the ceremony in the new State.

Can I attend the Oath Ceremony in FL on May 20 th?

Such things happened before and actually people were confused what exactly rules are in this case.
But practically people just went to ceremony and became citizens.

As far as your address change is concerned, I think if the Oath Letter was issued to you before you changed your address on the USCIS site then your Oath letter will go to your previous address other wise it will go to your new address. It is worth calling your Local Office and ask about that.

The major issue is jurisdiction. If a person moves out of jurisdiction, can he go back to the previous jurisdiction for oath. In practice, it seems no one cares

I got the oath letter yesterday May 2. I moved out of state on Mar 31 st and changed address on Apr 1 st and got confirmation letter from USCIS on Apr 7 that on my N400 address has been updated. So my point is address has been updated long before they sent my Oath letter. Oath letter has my new address printed on it.

I am thinking of going back to old jurisdiction for oath and I have all the paperwork (Oath letter with new address, address confirmation letter from USCIS for N400 dated April 7th).

Thanks

I got the oath letter yesterday May 2. I moved out of state on Mar 31 st and changed address on Apr 1 st and got confirmation letter from USCIS on Apr 7 that on my N400 address has been updated. So my point is address has been updated long before they sent my Oath letter. Oath letter has my new address printed on it.

I am thinking of going back to old jurisdiction for oath and I have all the paperwork (Oath letter with new address, address confirmation letter from USCIS for N400 dated April 7th).

Thanks

At oath ceremony, they should check your new address. If tehy don't have an issue, you don't have to bother. If you are very picky, you can emphatically ask them if it is OK and they can confirm. But
I do think being overcatious has risk. Maybe it is not an issue at all, but if you repeated ask them if it is OK, maybe they bcecome unsure even tehmseves and cancel yoru oath and tell you to wait for
abnother oath ceremony in yoour new jurisdiction.

So I think teh advice is: go there and tell them you have a new address but don't over do it.
If they do not raise an issue, there is no need to raise an issue yourself