Can I apply for AP with approved I-140 waiting for visa number

amberrehman

Registered Users (C)
I am working on H1B and my I-140 was approved last June. I'm still waiting for the EB3 category to become current so I can apply for I-485 change in status.
I want to travel internationally but dont want to risk getting stuck in background checks if I apply for a new H1 stamp. (Even though i just went through a background check to renew my H1)

Can I apply for AP? How long will it take to get it? Will I be able to enter the US without a new stamp on my passport if i have the AP? Do i need a genuine excuse to travel in order to get the AP?

A detailed reply would be greatly appreciated.

In order to apply for AP, you must have a pending I-485 application. Since you don't have that yet, you are not eligible for an AP document.

Your research is wrong. A reentry permit is issued to green card holders who intend to remain outside the US for over 12 months (but under 24 months). To be eligible, you must be a permanent resident. Not only are you not a PR, you haven't even applied to become one yet !

Thank you for replying. If i apply for Canadian immigration under the skilled worker category without a job offer, will it have an impact on my green card application?