Can H1B Self Finance Sponsor for Green Card Applied via His Daughter (21 Year Older )

gauravg2000

My daughter can sponsor me for a Green Card at 21 Age, I have a question for Financial Sponsor.

1. Do my Daughter need to have Financial Income (As per USCIS, Approx 50K Per Year) for last in Last 3 Years or 1 Year W2 will suffice ?

2. As H1B Working , Can Parents be a Financial Sponsor for themselves ? Can we show Last 10 Years W2s or we can show that we have worked in USA for 10 Years (40 Points) ?

Please suggest what will be best Option ?

As the petitioner, your daughter must fill out an I-864. Your income (i.e. the intending immigrant's income) can be counted in your daughter's household income on her I-864, if you are living in the same residence as her, and the income will continue after you immigrate. So if you live together with your daughter, then when you include your income in her household income, her household income will be sufficient, and you guys don't need a joint sponsor. Otherwise, you will need to find a joint sponsor (any US citizen or permanent resident, doesn't have to be related to you, whose household income is enough and who is willing to file a second I-864 for you).

What matters most is current income, not income from past years. The sponsor (your daughter) will need to attach her most recent year's tax return to her I-864 (most recent 3 years is optional), and she will need to enter the number from the "total income" line from her tax returns from the last 3 years. But these numbers are not necessarily the same as her current income, which is her salary right now.

As the petitioner, your daughter must fill out an I-864. Your income (i.e. the intending immigrant's income) can be counted in your daughter's household income on her I-864, if you are living in the same residence as her, and the income will continue after you immigrate. So if you live together with your daughter, then when you include your income in her household income, her household income will be sufficient, and you guys don't need a joint sponsor. Otherwise, you will need to find a joint sponsor (any US citizen or permanent resident, doesn't have to be related to you, whose household income is enough and who is willing to file a second I-864 for you).

What matters most is current income, not income from past years. The sponsor (your daughter) will need to attach her most recent year's tax return to her I-864 (most recent 3 years is optional), and she will need to enter the number from the "total income" line from her tax returns from the last 3 years. But these numbers are not necessarily the same as her current income, which is her salary right now.
Thanks for your detailed explanation. It helped a lot. Just one more follow up questions.

1. Consider my daughter goes for College , Can I still consider her Part of Household and add my Income ?

2. My Daughter need to sponsor for 2 Parents , so 50K Last Income will suffice for both Parents or 100K for Both ?

Thanks a lot in advance for your response.

Oh I missed the part where you mentioned working for the past 10 years. If you have earned 40 credits of Social Security credits (max 4 credits per year, so 10 years; but you can count credits earned by your spouse during the period of marriage, so if you each worked for 5 years, that would be enough), you can file I-864W, and your daughter does not need to file I-864.

Oh I missed the part where you mentioned working for the past 10 years. If you have earned 40 credits of Social Security credits (max 4 credits per year, so 10 years; but you can count credits earned by your spouse during the period of marriage, so if you each worked for 5 years, that would be enough), you can file I-864W, and your daughter does not need to file I-864.
Thats Great to know ...Yeah..I have 40 Credits in my SSA Account ...worked earlier 6 years on L1 and then 6 Years Now on H1... I will check then I-864W form ...Thanks once again for your response..

1. Typically, your daughter needs to show sufficient financial income to support you at 125% of the federal poverty guidelines. USCIS usually considers the most recent tax year, but they may also review income over the past few years for stability.
  2. As a parent, you may sponsor yourself if you meet income requirements according to Pakeconet. You can provide your financial documentation such as W-2 forms or tax returns to demonstrate your ability to support yourself.
It's essential to consult with an immigration attorney to ensure you meet all requirements and address specific concerns regarding your case.