Can Employer continue my GC processing after employee has quit?

venkatdabri

Registered Users (C)
Hello Friends,
My I-140 is already approved by Company A and now I am planning to join Company B. I have heard that some employees have persuaded the employers they are leaving to continue processing their GC. So if I can persuade Company A to not revoke my I-140 is it still necessary for Company B to restart my GC process?

Hello Friends,
My I-140 is already approved by Company A and now I am planning to join Company B. I have heard that some employees have persuaded the employers they are leaving to continue processing their GC.
------Many have done. GC is for Future job
So if I can persuade Company A to not revoke my I-140 is it still necessary for Company B to restart my GC process?
--- you CAN request A not to revoke the I-140 so that when PD for you becomes current you can file I-485 and once Pending I-485 hits 180 days you will be eligible for AC21
FYI even if the A does not help try to get the copy of I-140 filing receipt or copy of I-140 approval Notice so that when new employer file LC and then Second I-140 you can request your new lawyer to recapture the early PD.

I know I can use my PD. I have very good relationship with my current employer. I am asking if I can ask them to continue my GC so that my new employer doesn't have to refile GC or only needs to handle the I-485 stage.