Can citizenship be revoked?

gimmeshelter

Registered Users (C)

My wife (the US Citizen I am married to and to who I received citizenship through) has decided she does not want to be with me any longer and she wants to be with another man.
She also said she's going to tell the INS that I never loved her and that I only married her for citizenship. This is totally untrue, I left my parents, my friends and home to be with my wife and I do love her very much.
I'm not sure what to do, I'm very scared, any advice please gladly welcomed.

Thanks

I do not think INS would care about her allegations wether you loved her or not. You got your ctzhp by following the rules and have proved that you were married by providing clear evidence ( shared bank accounts, leases, insuranc, may be kids etc) you do have these proofs, right?unless the marraige was fake and was done to decive INS ( which requires proofs) the INS will not revok your ctzhp after all you said she is leaving you for another man not the other way.

If your marriage you genuine you would have had a lot of proof in the 3 years prior to filing. Ignore that woman!

Revoking citizenship is a long process and the hurdles for the goverment are high (different from GC). The only time, the goverment follows through with this is if THEY have an interest to get it revoked (e.g. in order to extradite some nazi war criminal back to Lithuania). If you got your GC and subsequently citizenship through marriage, USCIS looked at your marriage twice and decided that it is genuine.

You can safely ignore her (just keep the records from your marriage like tax return, insurance paperwork etc.) Just like IRS rarely investigages allegations from ex-spouses without concrete proof, USCIS won't investigate anything just because she 'tells them'.

gimmeshelter said:

My wife (the US Citizen I am married to and to who I received citizenship through) has decided she does not want to be with me any longer and she wants to be with another man.
She also said she's going to tell the INS that I never loved her and that I only married her for citizenship. This is totally untrue, I left my parents, my friends and home to be with my wife and I do love her very much.
I'm not sure what to do, I'm very scared, any advice please gladly welcomed.

Thanks

The retaliatory and vindictive attitude of ex-spouses (especially ex-wifes!) is well known in the whole world So in my opinion not to many people will put to much weight in her statements ;)
On the other hand, knowing the level of comprehension of CIS officers...you may be in trouble :D
Just kidding, don't worry, and enjoy yourCitizenship :)

P.S. Ask her when she plans to go to IRS and tell them that you made millions and you didn't pay taxes, and to keep our favorite topic (the FBI) here: when is she planing to call the FBI and tell them that you're a spy for a foreign government?

Last edited by a moderator: