Can an EAD be rejected or denied

kiran_gc

Registered Users (C)
Can an EAD be rejected or denied for some reason. If yes, then can we reapply again or would the case become more complicated.

Can an EAD be rejected or denied for some reason. If yes, then can we reapply again or would the case become more complicated.

Yes. It depends on the reason for denial.

Why do you think your EAD would be denied? Generally speaking, EADs are only denied due to errors in the application or ineligibility.

If denied can we reapply again or the case would become complicated and getting approval of I485 will become diffcult

If denied can we reapply again or the case would become complicated and getting approval of I485 will become diffcult

denied to wrong fee, no signature, less than 120 days before expiration of current EAD, no show to biometrics and similar, no problem apply again. denial to fraud, this will adversely affect I485 and future application. Again, why you think yours will be denied?

As my H1B visa is expiring on August 2009, I wanted to file for an EAD but my manager advised not to file an EAD before 90 days of the H1B visa expiration date or else it may get denied. Thats why I was confused between the connection of H1B and EAD.

Now my doubts are clear since you have answered many of my questions, I think I should file for my initlal EAD tomorrow itself and also I would advise my manager that there is NO 90 days waiting period between H1B and initial EAD filing. Thanks so much for you help.