• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Can a student try the DV-2011 program?

kino1960

Registered Users (C)
Hi

She has an E-2 spouse visa and goes to a college in the US. Can she apply for DV-2011? If so, how can she deal with a job requirement if she gets through the lottery part? I believe applicant must prove that he or she has a job or a sponsor in the US. But what if she or he is a college student?

Any info is greatly appreciated!!!
Kino

Thank you, linda555

So, you mean you can still get through an interview as long as you keep a fulltime student status, right?

She can enter if she has a HS diploma...it doesn't matter that she has a E2 and if it expires, no problem, she will have to leave and apply to do CP from her home country.

Thank you, linda555

So, you mean you can still get through an interview as long as you keep a fulltime student status, right?

Yes and if you have an high school diploma but I am pretty sure that she does have my friend because she is in the college, and you can't get to college if you don't have an High School Diploma.

Best of Luck

linda555, thank you very much! It's very informative! Yes, she graduated from a US high school. I was worried about her being a college student for getting though an interview.

kino1960