• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Called KCC - Threads Merged

What is your location? In some third countries, network is very busy during the day. You can wait late tonight and try again or if you don't mind, I can give me off this site via email the confirmations number and I do it for you. I've check 33 entries without problem.
im in USA, but i applied for many of my relatives...checked their entries, a few are giving this "incorrect info" message, the rest not selected...

But how can they not check ahead of 5th May that the winner notifications are loaded and visible? All it would take from their end is someone to trial a simple move like outside of their network entering one winner's details and see what the winner sees, surely it can't be that difficult. And then when the world takes to social media to report that there are no winners worldwide, they are like, no, we have no errors. Then the world writes back that yes you do have an error, then they are like hmmm... Took them like 2 days :confused::eek:

But how can they not check ahead of 5th May that the winner notifications are loaded and visible? All it would take from their end is someone to trial a simple move like outside of their network entering one winner's details and see what the winner sees, surely it can't be that difficult. And then when the world takes to social media to report that there are no winners worldwide, they are like, no, we have no errors. Then the world writes back that yes you do have an error, then they are like hmmm... Took them like 2 days :confused::eek:

This is what I was saying. Agree totally. Pretty incompetent really.

I'm pretty sure they tested their system. But there's always a variable since it's pretty hard to test how your system works under this really heavy load (2 million hits in 24 hours). I'm a software developer for over 15 years now, and one thing i learned is that there will always be an issue or some kind of unexpected behavior in your - also well tested - system. ;-)

I'm pretty sure they tested their system. But there's always a variable since it's pretty hard to test how your system works under this really heavy load (2 million hits in 24 hours). I'm a software developer for over 15 years now, and one thing i learned is that there will always be an issue or some kind of unexpected behavior in your - also well tested - system. ;-)
Who told u 2 million in 24 hrs?

I don’t doubt that testing took place I guess I am just questioning why they did not believe the masses, the thousands of people who called them, e-mailed them, flagged the issue on Twitter, Facebook... they keep saying nope, we are good, 12,000 people confirmed winning entries, blah blah. And from Australia to Zimbabwe people are telling them that that is not the case, no one has seen a ‘you have been selected’ message or a DV2016XXXX number but there are lots of error messages. And they STILL say they have no issues, no error on their side... sometimes it’s worth believing the masses when they say that if it looks like an error, quacks like and error, then it’s an error.

Playing devil's advocate here, if they had what they said was 12000 winners out of 2 million attempts, it is also entirely within credibility for them to believe that the people complaining were among the 1 998 800 of the two million that were not selected.

Also, it is interesting don't you think that the stats they gave imply only a fifth or so of entrants have checked - but far less % of winners - either way it does argue against the "common wisdom" that most people check as soon as they can. Sure most people on this forum do but clearly if you are on the forum you are thinking about it! Don't forget this forum is a tiny, tiny sample of both entrants and winners.

Do you mean: 2 Mio/12,000 winners = .6% .. ?

I also agree with your thoughts in your first sentence...of course the front line CSR's would not be surprised at the dimension of anxiety and confusion, which to an extend would happen every year during the first few days, so they are not suspecting any technical glitches...and until the IT guys have realized and communicated that to them, they will keep responding to the general public in that way. Even the US DoS does not seem to be alarmed (yet) or they will only amend their public statement once the error has been detected and rectified.

Playing devil's advocate here, if they had what they said was 12000 winners out of 2 million attempts, it is also entirely within credibility for them to believe that the people complaining were among the 1 998 800 of the two million that were not selected.

Also, it is interesting don't you think that the stats they gave imply only a fifth or so of entrants have checked - but far less % of winners - either way it does argue against the "common wisdom" that most people check as soon as they can. Sure most people on this forum do but clearly if you are on the forum you are thinking about it! Don't forget this forum is a tiny, tiny sample of both entrants and winners.

However, we are talking 1988000, not 1998800 :D

It is also the new SOX BS we have to go through.

So - a developer (who knows his stuff) is not allowed to go in to PROD environments for any reason because he/she might deliberately do "something". So there are support people (that do not know how to do anything to start with) who are empowered with PROD access. Once the support guys start knowing their stuff they obviously want to be developers (more money). So it means only incompetent people are able to log in to PROD. Drives me mad!

just called kcc now, and sorry guys bad news, i asked her abt if theres an error or something and if theres winners , she answers exactly

They have been informed that an error was on the website whereas several thousands of selectees have been informed, she check in few days if your status is session limited, whereas if have gotten had not been selected then thats it, ur not selected! Sorry
I am ready for the 12 attempt, finally some peace of mind!

Sorry to bother you. You said you are ready for the 12 attempt, yet your signature says you are in the USA? Did you win or not?

Its easy to speculate when you are not in their place.

Let's be patient and let them resolve this. Remember this a lottery, all that time and effort and software and personnel effort wages is coming from tax payers money.