Called 800-375-5283, auto message said can't access my case.

ImmigrateMe

Registered Users (C)
I called that 1-800 number to check my case status, after making series of selections and enter my wac, I got following message:

"Due to a temporary problem of our system, we can not access your case at this time. Please check back at another time."

The message has been like this for 3-4 months. Has anyone had this experience? I am afraid my case was shreded. The online message said it will take 730 to 730 days to process my case, which is exactly two years, but my case is over 730 days.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
WAC 02-046-5xxxx

It has happened to me too. For mine it most of the times says "on May 2002, bla bla...", occasionally "can't acces your record". But for my son's case, it always says "can't access your record". While the online message is normal for both.

Please take it easy! Before going crazy with worry about shredding etc. remember this is technology that we are talking about and it is not that it is always up and running.

As long as your RD does not lie in the JIT, I suggest you forget about it. As and when the JIT moves to your RD, go ahead and file for an inquiry if you haven't heard anything from INS till then.

And until that happens, please DO NOT PANIC! The shredding incident was long past, and the supervisor who was responsible is facing jail term. I doubt others would take that route so soon after the indictment.