call for 2nd time interview for marriage based I-485

chaudhry

Hi is there any one out there who has been called 2nd time for the interview for adjustment of status .
I got this letter yesterday right after almost like a month to appear again next month for interview and bring all documents again
though he has seen all originals before and interviewd us separately and asked alot of questions and harrassed my wife to withdraw application again and again.
i was very much satisfied with my first interview but now i m frustrated and confused that what he wana see and ask more
though he didnt demand any thing new as evidence.
plz reply if any one out there is gone through this sh---tty state.

2nd interview

Chaudhary
I had the 2nd interview and honestly it took 2 hrs for me and 1 and half for my wife USC for this process. It was tough they asked literly everylittle question about tattos, microwaive color to the sketch of bed room ac, sex to wife's period to birth controls anything u can imagine. first interview wasnt that tough though. well they just want to check if everything is legit. more likely what it is i think they not going to give u conditional GC or perhaps ur marriage is over 2 years so they want to reassure.I would say dont lie thats all.
best of luck

I do agree with andreawv, I think they just want to double check that the marriage is real.
I read a post of someone going for the 2nd interview & they were also approved but you sure need alot of courage. At the second interview they really dig alot into your private life just to be sure that you guys are actually living together.

I will advise that you go with the same set of documents & add new bills that have come since your last interview.

Good luck

When are you being called to the 2nd interview? I got my conditional GC over 1.5 years ago and need to file a I-751 in the next 60 days or so.

Should we expect to be called for an interview once again?

Also, which INS center did you both deal with?

blacksheep said:
When are you being called to the 2nd interview? I got my conditional GC over 1.5 years ago and need to file a I-751 in the next 60 days or so.

Should we expect to be called for an interview once again?

Also, which INS center did you both deal with?

Your application to remove conditions and the interview could go either way .

Here is some more information on removing conditions and the interview .
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=221574

http://www.immigrationportal.com/sh...ad.php?t=221436

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/lawsr...Waivr062405.pdf

Here is a quote from the memo by William R.Yates – Associate Director of Operations - Memo dated June 24,2005 – Re: Revised Interview Waived Criteria for form 1-751 ,Petition to remove the conditions of residence .

... " Pursuant to 8 CFR 216.4(b) (1) relating to the filing of joint petitions, if the service center director is satisfied that the marriage was not for the purpose of evading the immigration laws, the service center director may waive the interview and approve the petition .If not satisfied, then the service center director shall forward the petition to the district director having jurisdiction over the place of the alien's residence so that an interview may be conducted."......

Hope this helps ...