business on H1/H4 visa

pari1980

I m on H4 visa and me and my husband want to start some business in US and we r planning to set up LLC. I understand that I am not allowed to work in US on H4 visa and my husband can set up business but cannot work for it. My question is can this LLC sponsor my H1 so that I can work for it??

will appreciate ur help..

Thanks.

Any LLC can sponser you, but new LLC must have very many status before sponsering any H1. Financials, infrastructure, business plan, secured job order, if it is body shopping you may have problem for H1. If your LLC have sub contract work of $1M from Microsoft or Oracle no question asked for first H1.

I m on H4 visa and me and my husband want to start some business in US and we r planning to set up LLC. I understand that I am not allowed to work in US on H4 visa and my husband can set up business but cannot work for it. My question is can this LLC sponsor my H1 so that I can work for it??

will appreciate ur help..

Thanks.

Hi,
I am in a similar situation and had one more query regarding this. Would it be possible for such an LLC to transfer another H1B Visa to itself? Also would it be possible for this to hire a F1 Visa student when they get their 1 year work permit after their college is finished?
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Check with an attorney as to the specifics of your plan. You do not seem to have a good idea of the limitations and requirements of the H1B program and sponsorship.

I have my H1B visa stamping on Monday Dec-28. I did my masters in usathis is my first H1B stamping.i I work on client site. There are two layers vendors.i received letters from two vendors say that I work with the client. I have a letter on the product is not letter.but head.my letter to the manager wrote a letter saying that I work on client site and gave his phone might be allowed numbers it..