Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Tax Question

Hi All,
I've laned in Canada about 7 months ago and came back to US. Do I need to file Tax returns in Canada? I didn't have any income in Canada after the landing.

Thanks in advance,
Jom

***IA Received***

Applied: 17th July 2004
AOR: 22 August 2004
IA: 01 April 2005 (Interview Waived)

Documents requested:
Medicals
Letters of "no record" or certificates of "good conduct"
pay stubs, W2 for 2004
Funds to settle in Canada
Landing Fee

thanks
ind

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

Done anyone give me pointers to the authorized local agencies who are engaged in doing fingerprinting in New Jersey for Canada Immi?

thanks
ind

Hi indgc123,

You can go to a local police station and get it done. I got mine done on Jan 27th, mailed it the same day and got it back on March 25th. So its taking about 2 months these days.

indgc123 said:
Hi

Done anyone give me pointers to the authorized local agencies who are engaged in doing fingerprinting in New Jersey for Canada Immi?

thanks
ind

indgc123 said:
Hi

thanks
ind

I recently got my fingerprinting done for FBI clearance from:

Global Community Services
16 Liberty Avenue
Jersey City
NJ 07306

Phone - 201 792 4520

You should first try your local police department as they will be much cheaper. I was told at the local police department that I have to arrange the FBI fingerprint card as they did not have it.

PR stamping at consulate

Hi,

I received papers yesterday from Candian Consulate that I need to send passports and photographs for stamping. I have to travel back to my home country in the next week or so. It mentions on the letter from the embassy that one can submit the passport in person between 9:00 and 12:00 PM on Tuesdays and Thursdays at Buffalo HSBC centre.

My questions are:

1)Has anybody done this before? If so, do I need to take an appointment before I go?
2)If I sent the passports via mail, is it possible that I can get them in a weeks time?
3)If I chose to go back to my home country and I come back in a month or so, Can I come back and then send the passport?
4)I recently renewed my passport. My current US visa is on the old pasport Do I need to send both the New and the old passports?
5)Do I need to send the original I-94 as well?

Thanks in advance for your help.

indgc123 said:
Applied: 17th July 2004
AOR: 22 August 2004
IA: 01 April 2005 (Interview Waived)

Documents requested:
Medicals
Letters of "no record" or certificates of "good conduct"
pay stubs, W2 for 2004
Funds to settle in Canada
Landing Fee

thanks
ind

indgc123,
Did you include IELTS score with your application or you just sent a letter explaining your proficiency on English Language?
Thanks in advance!

Hi Kenny04,

Thanks for the address. Could you also please post details on medicals? where did you go in NJ and your experience etc.,?

thanks
ind

Accuracy of Goods to Follow List

Hi Guys,

Can you please tell me how accurate Goods to follow list should be? If I get the Passport Request, I am planning to Land in April and get the GOODS TO FOLLOW LIST stamped. But I will go to Canada permanently in Dec 2005. What if I buy some electronics or Computer between April and Dec 2005. Can I still take the extra stuff to Canada without paying duty? Please advise.

Thanks

jomkj

You dont have to file taxes until you earn income in Canada, if you just landed and came back then you don't have to file taxes

gc212 said:
Hi Guys,

Can you please tell me how accurate Goods to follow list should be? If I get the Passport Request, I am planning to Land in April and get the GOODS TO FOLLOW LIST stamped. But I will go to Canada permanently in Dec 2005. What if I buy some electronics or Computer between April and Dec 2005. Can I still take the extra stuff to Canada without paying duty? Please advise.

Thanks

I have seen messages in this forum that advice to mention all items even if you are not planning to take them. So in your case, if you know exactly the model number of what you want to buy its easy but even if not, just list the description like flat screen plasma TV :) or something like that.

gc212 said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks
Here is the correct information on Goods to Follow list from customs :
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/E/pub/cm/d2-2-1/d2-2-1-e.html#P173_26158
Here is the link to Form B4A
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/E/pbg/cf/b4a/b4a-04b.pdf
It has the information we need for goods to follow list.

Hello everyone.

My US visa expired this March 10. I got the extension for another 2 years and I got the extension papers just 3 days back.
I sent my documents to buffalo on March 7th. Should I send copies of my extension papers to Buffalo. Can someone advice me please.

Thank you in advance!.

Pcc

I recently was arrested for a misdemeanor and was wondering whether I have any chances left for pursuing my canada GC application. Can a lawyer help? I did not use a lawyer when filing my application for canada gc.

shahamitr said:
I called my bank today and learned that the Cashier's cheque for my application was encashed in Jan 2005. But till date, I have not received any correspondence whatsoever from the Canadian Embassy in Buffalo. Is this normal, or do I need to take the lead and write to the Embassy??

If it is normal, what is the usual timeframe between the cheque being encashed and getting some form of communication from the Embassy.

Does the encashing of the cheque from the Embassy in any way tell me that my documents sent with the application package in early Jan 2005 were in order and that I won't receive the package handed back to me?

Please comment.

Thanks.

Did you get receipt from the embassy yet ?

I had sent my application March 26. Do I have to wait atleast
1-2 months till i get the receipt ?

Thanks
inqsit

inqsit said:
Did you get receipt from the embassy yet ?

I had sent my application March 26. Do I have to wait atleast
1-2 months till i get the receipt ?

Thanks
inqsit

Yes I received the receipt and the file number from the Embassy in the 3rd week of March, 05. So, yes, it took me slightly over 2 months to get it. Good luck with your application.

Anybody paid RPRF Fee (Landing Fee) Request in March

Did any body paid only RPRF Fee (not with Doc and Medical) after getting the RPRF Fee request only in March, and got the PP request. I am waiting for PP request after paying Landing fee on March 11th.

Thanks

Hello everyone.

My US visa expired this March 10. I got the extension for another 2 years and I got the extension papers just 3 days back.
I sent my documents to buffalo on March 7th. Should I send copies of my extension papers to Buffalo. Can someone advice me please.

Thank you in advance!.

wilsondavid said:
Hello everyone.

Thank you in advance!.
I will advice that you should send, else you can wait and send the information once you get IA complete letter. While processing RPC may note that your Visa is/was expected to expiere on Mar10, and they may expect/ask you to send update on your current status. That may delay your processing little bit.
Its better ro send your update now.