Medicals
IELTS
FBI Finger Print Report
Indian Police Clearence
Paystubs, W2
Updated experience letter from current employer in the US
Landing Fees
cornholio,
Did you provide a letter stating your proficiency in English? If so, I am not sure why they asked you to send your IELTS score.

Does anybody know that if CIC is asking for IELTS score for all applicants. Isn't a letter stating your English proficiency sufficient to get around the IELTS test? I sent my application in October 2005 with a letter documenting my proficiency in English. Do I need to be prepared to take IELTS before I get my IA?
Thanks in advance!

blkwd74105 said:
cornholio,
Did you provide a letter stating your proficiency in English? If so, I am not sure why they asked you to send your IELTS score.

Does anybody know that if CIC is asking for IELTS score for all applicants. Isn't a letter stating your English proficiency sufficient to get around the IELTS test? I sent my application in October 2005 with a letter documenting my proficiency in English. Do I need to be prepared to take IELTS before I get my IA?
Thanks in advance!

I did write a letter detailing my English usage, but apparently that was not enough for them and they have asked me to take the exam.

I am in Philadelphia, and NY is the closest exam center for me. I checked with them but they are booked for a really long time. Aso the general module exam required for Canadian immigration is not offered as frequently as the other one. Any one with any solutions to this?.

Thanks.

Hi Cornholio,

You may try the DC center. Also if you are in good term with your employer then you can get a letter from you employer about your English proficiency.

cornholio said:
I did write a letter detailing my English usage, but apparently that was not enough for them and they have asked me to take the exam.

I am in Philadelphia, and NY is the closest exam center for me. I checked with them but they are booked for a really long time. Aso the general module exam required for Canadian immigration is not offered as frequently as the other one. Any one with any solutions to this?.

Thanks.

gc212 said:
You may try the DC center. Also if you are in good term with your employer then you can get a letter from you employer about your English proficiency.

Hi GC212,

When I had provided my initial experience letter, I had made sure my english skills were mentioned in it, however that did not work.

I've got in touch with the DC IELTS guys.

Thanks for your suggestions.

anonymous12 said:
Finally 3 days ago my online status changed to medical received and today I got passport request.

They did not ask me to provide passport within X number of days, instead I am asked to send passport asap.

Any my question is

1 Should I include my expired passport along with my valid passport when I send for the visa stamp or not?

2. Should I include my I-94 card in my passport or not or just provide photo-copy of I-94 card?

My concern is that I don't want to loose any these things as most consulates don't any responsibility of loss and I will be the one suffer with it.

I would appreciated if others can share their experience.

1. No experience.
2. I just got the visa stamped passport back. I didn't include I-94 or a copy of I-94 in my passport.

anonymous12 said:
I have general question.

For how visa stamp for immigration is valid or in other words how much I will have to land in canada after getting visa stamp?

I have done my medical exams in December 2004 and now I got the passport request.

I know I will not be able to land in canada before July or Aug 2005 so in this case should I send my passport for the visa stamp of wait for a month or so?

Any suggestions please!!
I just got my visa stamped in my passport. My landing expiration date is a year from my medical examination date. Hope this helps!

Do not land Before Expiry of Visa , What is next steps

If we do not enter Before expiry of VISA. what will be next process ? Canada Immigration people sent letter or we need to do anything to get another visa or medical ?

wheretogo said:
If we do not enter Before expiry of VISA. what will be next process ? Canada Immigration people sent letter or we need to do anything to get another visa or medical ?

If you do not land before the expiry of the visa your PR is cancelled. Immigration people will assume that you have abandoned your PR.

You MUST land in Canada before the expiry of the visa. There are no extentions granted.

Please help......
Hi everyone, I applied in Buffalo, completed my medicals and sent additional documents to Buffalo.
When I applied, I put place of interview as LA. I'm not sure if I will have an interview. But in case I have an interview, it will be at LA right. Will this be considered a 'FILE TRANSFER' case?. Will this type of case take longer time than cases if you opted for Buffalo as Interview place. I'm planning to go to India for about 4 months. I'm unable to plan properly. Could someone please advice what I should do. Thanks in advance.

Do you think I should fax the consulate and ask them directly if I will have an interview?.

Indian PCC

I am going to India for vacation next week, and expecting my IA in June/July time frame, can I get anything from India as PCC because it will surely be faster then getting it from here which might be 8-12 weeks as far as I know.

Any suggestions welcome...!!!

wilsondavid said:
Please help......
Hi everyone, I applied in Buffalo, completed my medicals and sent additional documents to Buffalo.
When I applied, I put place of interview as LA. I'm not sure if I will have an interview. But in case I have an interview, it will be at LA right. Will this be considered a 'FILE TRANSFER' case?. Will this type of case take longer time than cases if you opted for Buffalo as Interview place. I'm planning to go to India for about 4 months. I'm unable to plan properly. Could someone please advice what I should do. Thanks in advance.

Do you think I should fax the consulate and ask them directly if I will have an interview?.

If at any point of time the immigration official handling your case in Buffalo feels that an interview is required to process your case your file will be transfered to one of the 4 consulates (NY, LA, Detroit and Seattle) that interview immigration applicants. Buffalo DOES NOT interview imigration applicants. If you are called for an interview it will be in LA

Can you please let us know your timeline? Your initial assessment has been done as you got your medical and sent the additional documents. At present your background and security check is going on. If something should pop up during your background/security check you may be called for an interview. So if you have been truthful in your application and dont have any criminal record you should not be called for an interview.

You can inquire the status of your file from Buffalo. It is not required to ask them if an interview is required in your case.

kothari_rupesh said:
I am going to India for vacation next week, and expecting my IA in June/July time frame, can I get anything from India as PCC because it will surely be faster then getting it from here which might be 8-12 weeks as far as I know.

Any suggestions welcome...!!!

Getting the PCC from India will be a good idea.

Kenny04 said:
If at any point of time the immigration official handling your case in Buffalo feels that an interview is required to process your case your file will be transfered to one of the 4 consulates (NY, LA, Detroit and Seattle) that interview immigration applicants. Buffalo DOES NOT interview imigration applicants. If you are called for an interview it will be in LA

Can you please let us know your timeline? Your initial assessment has been done as you got your medical and sent the additional documents. At present your background and security check is going on. If something should pop up during your background/security check you may be called for an interview. So if you have been truthful in your application and dont have any criminal record you should not be called for an interview.

You can inquire the status of your file from Buffalo. It is not required to ask them if an interview is required in your case.

Thanks Kenny for your reply. My timeline is
App. received : April 2004
AOR : May 2004
IA: Decemeber 2004
Medicals: Jan 2005
Documents : March 2005

Just curious, what kind of background check do they make?. Can I send a fax inquiring about the status of my application?.

kothari_rupesh said:
Thanks Kenny04 !

Can any body tell me, whom to contact in India for such a thing, is it Local Police Station ? or is it some thing else ?

I got it from the Police Comissioner's office.
You can get it either in FRO's or Comissioner's office.

which carrier to choose to send passprt for visa stamp

I got request to send the passport for canadian immigration visa stamp.

I also need to provide an envelope so that Candian consulate can send me back my passport. They have advised to use USPS.

Does any one has experience using Fedex? or in other words if I include fedex Pre-paid envelope would embassy use it or not.

Reason for asking this is that not all carrier do regular pick up from all consulates.

What is the name of service with tracking from USPS (like priority or express)?

anonymous12 said:

I also need to provide an envelope so that Candian consulate can send me back my passport. They have advised to use USPS.

Does any one has experience using Fedex? or in other words if I include fedex Pre-paid envelope would embassy use it or not.

Reason for asking this is that not all carrier do regular pick up from all consulates.

I had used Fedex. I had sent it to Buffalo and they sent back our passports in the fedex envelope that I had provided. I used a mail center account number on the return envelope. I think you can also use a credit card number. But I dont know if that is against common advice or not.

anonymous12 said:

Why use FedEx? USPS Express worked just fine for me, no hassles, overnight delivery with tracking, possibly (haven't checked) cheaper than FedEx...

-Sal

Please visit the following link for detailed information:

http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/can-am/menu-en.asp?act=v&did=2863&mid=5&cat=499&typ=1

"We strongly encourage you to use United States Postal Service or Canada Post premium mail service.

If your address is in the USA, we encourage you to have your passports returned using the United States Postal Service's premium Express Mail service.

• Provide a self addressed, prepaid, flat rate 9" x 12" USPS Express Mail envelope. Make a note of the tracking number."