Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Hello Choodi !!

Hello,

Whats your Status now ??Did you get your Meds now ??Pls keep me Informed as I have a Similar case where I too have received the AOR in Nov-2001.

Pls reply back.

Regards
srdiwakar

2002 Feb/March/April - please add

Any one who applied during 2002 Feb/March/April got the File#?
I have applied to Buffalo during the first week of March. Not yet received File# nor any information.

No Title

DEar Rao,
     usually to get the file number it will take 10-16 weeksof time
leter processing takes any where between 10-26 weeks. this is a large time frame.you cannot delay medicals more than 90 days.ur application will canclelled. but there is way i guess if u r married and ur wife is preganant yes, u can write a pettition thru lawyer (if you going thru lawyer) or otherwise sent a letter to them requestioning for more time for medical.

Has anyone delayed Medicals before.

Hi, I just wanted to know if anybody has any experience in delaying medicals due to wife being pregnent.
Do they take X-Rays in Medicals. If it can be delayed, how much longer will they give.

Thanks.

No Title

Hi!,
         I applied in August and waiting for AOR. If I go back to my country and dont change the address, and once I get medical, can I get the medical test from my country and send it. I will be comming back agian in 6 months.

Applied during 1st week of March 2002

Hi guys,

I am a fresh person who applied on 3rd March, 2002 and got the File# on 17th July,02 - just yesterday.

Will keep sharing the issues.

Hi Waitingnwaiting:

Where did you apply, Buffalo or Quebec? just want to make sure the timing for Buffalo case.

Could you brief your credentials ?

Thank you.

qtdc

Hello all!

I applied 2nd Aug 2001 from Buffalo.
:)
Got my File nos on 26 OCt
Got my medical form on 21 July and it says that they will call for interview in 7-10 months.

:confused:

Hello all!

I applied 2nd Aug 2001 from Buffalo.
Got my File nos on 26 OCt
Got my medical form on 21 July and it says that they will call for interview in 7-10 months.

:confused:

hello ,

Can some body answer me if possible ?

1) Raj , did you get the interveiw letter before medical or after you sent the medical reports u got the interveiw letter?. I mean can we do medical even though we have interview .

2) usually how much time it will take after the medical.

Thanks in advance for the information

rgards

sivak_c

Raj - Inerview

Raj - you mentioned that you have got Medical forms on July 21st and for interview it takes 7-10 months. Is it correct whether it is in months OR in weeks? In your case it sounds to me as follows:
- It took nearly three months for getting File#
- Nearly nine (9) months for obtaining medical forms
- It will take 7-9 months for interview
Then the entire process time will take nearly 18months. Really it is too long. Some of my friends they got US EAD within 18 months when they applied without gaps in all the stages. Does it sounds interesting about US GC until now?

Hope your case will be successful soon. Thanks for sharing your experience with us which helps us in having an idea how long it is taking the Canadian process.

Thanks
Rao

Buffalo Trackker

Hi Guys,

I sent my application in Early August 2001, got the acknowledgement on Oct 12, 2001.... Accessment letter dated May 23 2002... Interview was waived.. and I finished my medicals on July 6, 2002

Now I am waiting for the finilaziation... please reply as to how long it takes after the Medicals..

I am in the US on H1-B approval (no stamp on the passport).. what will be the process of landing then.

Can I land and come back to the US on my H1... please reply.. gurus..

Regards and good luck.

Llew

coming back to US

Hi Idmello,

It sounds your cases is running with a reasonable time in all stages as it should take.

Since you do not have visa stamp on your passport, you can enter into US again in two ways:
Get it stamped in Canada based upon your H1; OR obtain TNVisa on the basis of Canadian Immigration.

Hello all,

Sivak, the medical forms have come and a letter saying that Interview would be in 7-10 months. They shall inform me 2 months in advance about the date. They also suggest that I go for the medical only when I have heard from them regarding interview. This I feel is because generally medicals are valid only for 1 year. Generally it is about a few weeks after medicals ( if interview is waived) that visa is issued.

Rao, the whole delay is because of the new act. (yes it is 7 months) They have waited till 28th June for the law to be published and then acted. What really has bugged me is that I have been a landed immigrant once in 1988, really wonder why they need to interview me. I was hoping it would have been a done deal.
Secondly, I would love to get GC, but I dont work in US and dont have any relatives there. I dont know any other way. Guess this is my best bet. I intend to switch my B1 to L1 once I get to Canada. Perhaps open an office in US. Do you know how I should go about doing that?

Thanx

Raj

raj

Raj,
Thanks for educating us about your case. I guess due to the same reasons, I have got the file# recently, after 4 months + 1 week. Reg. opening a new business, I have no idea about it.

Thanks,
Rao

ldmello - answer to your question

After you get your landing papers you can land in Canada and return to the US even if you your passport does not have an H1 stamp. I am guessing you are from India and if you are, as a member of a Commonwealth county a Canadian permanent resident can enter US. (I have heard that this law is going to change)

Also if you are still on a valid H1 visa you can enter the US by showing the I-94 on your passport.

My situation was also the same and now I am back in US after landing in Windsor. I am also on H1 without a stamp on my passport.

My Case

I am a new user. Pls add me to the Buffalo tracker.
Applied June 2001
File # recd Aug 2001
Interview waived, Additional info requested & Medical forms recd April 2002
Medical done April2002
Additional info & ROL fee sent May 2002

The irony of my case is that when I was expecting to get the landing papers any day, I instead recently recd a letter from a designated immigration officer at the consulate stating that they had not recd the additional info requested and that I have only 2 more months to justify or provide the docs, else my application will be cancelled.

Looks like my papers have been misplaced, but whats surprising is my Cashiers cheque for ROL has been encashed. My Fedex tracking info shows the docs were delivered.

Anyone else been in a similar situation:( :(

Terribly unhappy

Why dont you resend the ppers with copy of the ROL fee receipt, alongwith draft/check number? Send the information againa nd say that you had sent it earlier with the fees and give details of thefedex number. Dont see it as a problem.

Raj