Buffalo Processing time Spouse Sponsorship

anilnair1

Hi,
My wife is a Canadian citizen and has applied for sponsoring me to Canada. I am currently working in the US on H1 visa. We filed the sponsorship application to the Case Processing Center in Mississauga, Ontario. My wife received a letter last week saying that they reviewed the sponsorship application and as a sponsor, my wife meets the requirements. So they have forwarded the application to Buffalo consulate for further processing. I have already submitted the medical papers and FBI clearance since they need these documents at the time of application for spouse sponsorships. Does anybody have any idea on how long is the processing time for spouse sponsorship applications at the Buffalo consulate?

Thanks in advance,
Anil.

Hi

anilnair1 said:
Hi,
My wife is a Canadian citizen and has applied for sponsoring me to Canada. I am currently working in the US on H1 visa. We filed the sponsorship application to the Case Processing Center in Mississauga, Ontario. My wife received a letter last week saying that they reviewed the sponsorship application and as a sponsor, my wife meets the requirements. So they have forwarded the application to Buffalo consulate for further processing. I have already submitted the medical papers and FBI clearance since they need these documents at the time of application for spouse sponsorships. Does anybody have any idea on how long is the processing time for spouse sponsorship applications at the Buffalo consulate?

Thanks in advance,
Anil.

About 6 months, depending on the security check, which if you have lived in a number of countries since turning 18 and the cooperation of those governments in supplying info to CSIS. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/times-int/menu-perm.html for average processing times.

PMM