brother/sister sponsorship

laxdef14

Registered Users (C)
hey i was wondering if anyone knows the time frame for someone in China to have a sponsorship for a GC from a sister? my mother was sponsored by her sister and her I-130 was approved April of '97. before it required 10 years. now its around 12. has it changed? i was around 8 then, im afraid that when my time comes to change my status i'll be over 21. thanks in advance.

Because of a backlog in the category for the brothers and sisters of U.S. citizens, the wait is 10 to 15 years or even longer . It will be faster for you to get your GC through your mom when she gets her citizenship.

You should check the Visa Bulletin for dates or your aunt can call the Visa Center for more accurate information.
Good luck,

yeah i have checked the visa bulletins and it seems to be moving nicely. by the rate it is moving, my PD will become current before my 21st birtday. i turned 17 a month ago so i have a few more years till a chance for me to get a GC. if i pass 21 it will be as though the whole process was useless because to wait to get a GC from my parents after becoming citizens it will be another 5-7 year wait. thanks for your replies. any more ideas and/or predictions are greatly appreciated. Happy Holidays everyone. i hope the immigration system doesnt interfer a time of family and happiness. take care.