$$$$$$$$$$$$ Breaking News - Local Police Clearence certificate - New Delhi $$$$$$$$$$$

$$$$$$$$$$ waitnwatch - PCC $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

He is getting the PCC from Mumbai ...

Maybe the rules are different in diff states

Delhi cannot issue Local PCC thats all I know

I agree with iamforcp and SudhirKumar

I\'ve police department memo. I\'ll scan and post it this weekend.

iamforcp, Sudhirkumar & others -

Eventhough I have been mentioning that I got a PCC from local police station, I actually got it from District Police Office. When I initially went to police station which serves my residence, I was told that they can no longer issue the PCC directly but I have to go to the "special branch" located in main police building of my city and apply there (no forms, handwritten application w/ 65 paise stamp).

So I don\'t know if this is same as you mentioning that local police station CANNOT issue a PCC? May be. Because in my case also, it is NOT the local police station that is giving me the PCC but the "special branch". But "special branch" do rely on clearance from the local police station (like the Indian consulate in NY relies on RPO in India which in turn depends on local police station).

In short, I am going to take the PCC I obtained and see if it works. If not then I already have applied for PCC in Indian consulate in NY.

New Passport from CGNY

Dost Bhai:
I got a New passport in March, 2001 from CGNY after my old one from New Delhi, India expired. Does that mean I should be able to get PCC from CGNY in a day and I do not need bother RPO Delhi. Please advise

Thanks Viresh

$$$$$ Chuck .....PCC certificate as posted $$$$$$

seems to be authenticated one .....but it does not have a circular number or any thing ...date issued etc...signed by etc....

Do you have one which is having the circular number , date issued , signed by etc .....

Hats off to U for the great job

CP Rockssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iamforcp

This is the most recent circular. It has no circular number, date issued etc.. You can get this circular from most of the SP offices in India.
Good Luck.

PCC from Local Police Station

Hi Guys

I went to Local Police Station and asked for PCC I was informed they dont issue PCC but NOC (No Objection Certificate) then I called up Delhi embassy and told them the same. I find attitude of Delhi embassy staffers as chalta hain types I was told that I should get that NOC and see what the interviewer tells on the interview dates. According to the lady I talked in the embassy they themself are not very clear or sure what kind of PCC can be received in Delhi.

Any Comments ????

Still Feburary list is not ready for the interview dates, earlier I was told to expect interview in Feb first week now she says call us in Jan end or Feb first week....

read the posts, the bullettin....still confused about PCC - please help

Do I need 2 clearance certificates or just 1?
From the posts above it seems like just a certificate from Consulate General of India Chicago should be enough.
But my lawyer says you need certificate from regional passport office and from the police. Could someone please clarify and put me out of my misery.

Which "regional" passport office should I go to...
Mumbai - where my passport was issued in 1991 or
Pune - my home town, where a new passport office has just opened or Chicago - the passport office which serves my current residing area of Detroit?

2. As for local police certificate is it the one from USA or from your hometown in india.
Anyone try to obtain PCC in Pune?

3. Is there any "expiration date" for the PCC. My I 140 should be done any day now and my lawyer says
I should hurry up and try to get the PCC. But I\'m not sure if they will accept a PCC older than 6 months.

Thanks in advance!
-Niki

Mukul, I got mine from CGNY in a day

Went there in person.......Overall there was a big throng of people in the Indian consulate and other than that no major inconveniences. I think you should send your paperwork in ASAP, through one of the overnight services, and enclose another Airbill/Fee for return through courier again.

No Title

Getting one from the consulate is good enough it is equivalent to getting it from passport office. As from locl police station it would truly depend on the place u belong to and type of contacts u have. If u are from Delhi and u want it from passpot office too its a one day job.