1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boss is an illegal immigrant. I want to try and help him.

Discussion in 'Exclusion or Removal from USA' started by snappy, Mar 25, 2010.

  1. snappy

    snappy Registered Users (C)

    So this may not be the recommended sub-forum to ask for advice, but here goes. This question is a proxy for my boss's scenario.

    My boss, a South African immigrant, entered the US in the early 90s under a tourist visa and never left. He went through a multitude of jobs and eventually partnered in a business, at where I am employed.

    During his stay he married, had two children (US born), and having not asked, I assume his wife holds a greencard or is now a citizen. I also believe his recently deceased father also went through the naturalization process.

    Anyway, I said I would investigate his situation (not in depth though). It appears he has had little to no hardships with immigration status during his stay, as he is able to run a profitable business with little to no issue.

    He requested that I look into finding out how he can gain greencard status. He does have a business/company at his disposal. He is not interested in seeking any legal status in the US if it involves being deported.

    Does anyone have suggestions on what he can do in this situation? Can even an attorney help him at this point?
  2. faysal

    faysal Registered Users (C)

    This is little bit outside of what we discuss here, but I would suggest that he look into greencards that are based on investments. I did some research a couple of years ago, but I forgot the details. Among the tiny details I remember is that if you have up to $500,000 invested in the usa, and you have certain employees, then you can apply for greencard based on your investment. google greencard and investment...I don't any other avenue...
  3. snappy

    snappy Registered Users (C)

    Thank you for this very valuable information. I think my boss will be pleased to hear about this as he actually maybe eligible.

  4. mmlo

    mmlo Registered Users (C)

    Don't you need to be in status for this (applying for an investors GC)?
  5. elcupacabras

    elcupacabras Registered Users (C)

    Find out the status of his wife.
    If his wife is indeed a citizen, then he can obtain a GC through her.
  6. Citizentobehz

    Citizentobehz Member

    Since he is out of status (over stayed for many years), regardless which way that he might think and/or try to gain "Green Card" status, he will have to go through the "removal process". Whether there is any relief for him, it will all depend on his particular circumstance. Without any detail information about his situation, it is hard to say. The best advice is to consult an experienced immigration attorney.

Share This Page