Bonified Marriage Evidence

AOS_GUY

Registered Users (C)
I am applying for citezenship based on 3 year marriage case.
Do I need to send proof of Bonafied marriage with the application or just bring it with me at the interview?

send the "required" doc's with application.
Carry the additional proof to interview.

check the doc. checklist in "guide to naturalization" @ www.uscis.gov .
it will tell you what to send with the appl.

So I just need to submit the following with the application and carry additional proof with me at the interview....

From USCIS "Guide to Naturalization":
Documents referring to you and your spouse:
• Tax returns, bank accounts, leases, mortgages, or birth certificates of children, or
• Internal Revenue Service (IRS)-certified copies of the income tax forms that you both filed for the past three years, or
• An IRS tax return transcript for the last three years.

Read the instructions on the "guide" (page 51). I copied the following from the USCIS guide:

If you are applying for naturalization on the basis of marriage to a U.S. citizen, send the following four items:
1. Evidence that your spouse has been a U.S. citizen for the last three years:
Birth certificate (if your spouse never lost citizenship since birth), or
• Naturalization certificate, or
• Certificate of Citizenship, or
• The inside of the front cover and signature page of your spouse’s current U.S. passport, or
• Form FS-240, “Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States of America,” and
2. Your current marriage certificate; and
3. Proof of termination of all prior marriages of your spouse-divorce decree(s), annulment(s), or death certificate(s); and
4. Documents referring to you and your spouse:
• Tax returns, bank accounts, leases, mortgages, or birth certificates of children, or
• Internal Revenue Service (IRS)-certified copies of the income tax forms that you both filed for the past three years, or
• An IRS tax return transcript for the last three years.

so what I sent with the application was what's highlighted in red above.
about (4): I'm sure you CAN send other stuff listed in (4), but it says "OR" everywhere, so to make it simple, I just sent ONE of those things listed (IRS tax transcripts).

everything else (originals of tax returns/tax forms, leases, car titles, bank accounts, life insurance policies, bills, etc etc etc, whatever you think will help/what we talked about earlier ...) I took to the interview (supporting evidence)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE ALSO: (this is again from the guide):

" All applicants must send the following three items with their N-400 application:
1. A photocopy of both sides of your Permanent Resident Card (formerly known as the Alien Registration Card or “Green Card”).
If you have lost the card, submit a photocopy of the receipt of your Form I-90, “Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card;” and
2. Two identical color photographs, with your name and “A-number” written lightly in pencil on the back of each photo. For details about
the photo requirements, see Part 5 of A Guide to Naturalization and the Form M-603 instructions distributed with your application.
Do not wear eyeglasses or earrings for the photo. If your religion requires you to wear a head covering, your facial features must
still be exposed in the photo for purposes of identification; and
3. A check or money order for the application fee and the biometric services fee for fingerprinting, as stated in the M-479, Current
Naturalization Fees enclosure in the Guide. (Applicants 75 years of age or older are exempted from fingerprinting and the biometrics
services fee). Write your “A-number” on the back of the check or money order.

Please download "The Guide" here, and read carefully pages around 50-58 or so, you'll see what you have to SEND and what you have to BRING to the interview.
http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/M-476.pdf

Here you go

If you are applying for naturalization based on your marriage to a U.S. citizen, send the following four items:
Evidence that your spouse has been a U.S. citizen for the last three years:
Birth certificate (if your spouse never lost citizenship since birth), or
Naturalization Certificate, or
Certificate of Citizenship, or
The inside of the front cover and signature page of your spouse's current U.S. passport, or
Form FS-240, "Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States of America," and
Your current marriage certificate, and
Proof of termination of all prior marriages of your spouse - divorce decree(s), annulment(s), or death certificate(s); and
Documents referring to you and your spouse:
Tax returns, bank accounts, leases, mortgages, or birth certificates of children, or
Internal Revenue Service (IRS) - certified copies of the income tax forms that you both filed for the past three years, or
An IRS tax return transcript for the last three years.
If you were married before, send:
Proof that all earlier marriages ended - divorce decree(s), annulment(s), or death certificate(s);