• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Birth place is wrong on my HS transcript!

OmidX

Hi guys!
I am preparing my documents for the interview. So long story short, I was actually born in Ghazni, Afghanistan but because of war, my family and I moved to Iran to live and therefore I finished high school there.
But my high school transcript reads that my birthplace is Tehran, Iran (which is different from my actual birthplace on my identity documents)
I know if I present my identity card to the principals of the high school, they will probably change it, but given the circumstances in Iran and the fact that there is no regulation there whatsoever and they can say we don't change it (and yeah, it can happen in that country), is it possible to just wing it and go to the interview with this discrepancy about my birthplace? Is it a deal breaker, meaning will it cause my case to get not approved and whatnot?

I appreciate the responses from you guys!
Omid

Last edited:
This is really about you. So my recommendation is for you to personally decide on if making an attempt at getting the Diploma corrected is worth the effort, or if you will rather not make the attempt and basically try to “wing” it. Be prepared to accept the eventual outcome. This is your personal call IMO.