Birth Certificate RFE.

foobar007

Registered Users (C)
I got RFE for Birth Certificate for my parents. I submitted Non-availability certificate from government authority and secondary evidence (two affidavits for each from relatives) at the beginning along with the application forms. Should I resubmit those again? What else can I do? The non-availability is issued by district office (in India) and has signature, seal etc, but it is not in the government letterhead. AFAIK, they do not even have letterhead for small cities in India. What should I do now?

TIA.

Thanks RNQueen.

I'm sending the same documents I sent as part of the original application. Hope I do not get any more RFE. :)

Hi Foobar007
Where did u get the nonavailability certificate from the govermnet?If you are from India can please help as am sure each country probably will have different ways to get it.
Thank you
happy Holidays

Sorry to hear that...I saw similar post posted by another member in this forum with the same RFE even after sending the Non-Availabiltiy and 2 sets of Affidavits......i would say call and explain them some times they misplace them and issue RFE for the same (based on earlier posts).

Here it is.. http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=287605&page=34

Good Luck, Thanks, Raj

I got RFE for Birth Certificate for my parents. I submitted Non-availability certificate from government authority and secondary evidence (two affidavits for each from relatives) at the beginning along with the application forms. Should I resubmit those again? What else can I do? The non-availability is issued by district office (in India) and has signature, seal etc, but it is not in the government letterhead. AFAIK, they do not even have letterhead for small cities in India. What should I do now?

TIA.