Birth cert. non availability letter?

joya

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Municpality is not issuing a non availability letter for birth cert. Instead they are requesting to fill their application form to get the birth cert.

Then they will handwrite in the back of their application form that the birth is not registered with the municipality stamp.

Two questions:
1) Has anyone used this format for non availability where birth is not registered is handwritten in the back of the application form?
2) Is this acceptable to USCIS and has any one gotten approved like this?

Please help.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a strange RFE.
There is no definite format.
Handwritten would be a little iffy.
I got a cert stating the birth was not registered as the registration law came in effect in India from 1971 only. It was accepted.
I am not approved so far.

I just used sworn affidavits from Mom/Dad/Uncle as proof of my birth and sent them to USCIS and got approved....

My lawyer asked me for addtional Non-availability certificate but I didn't bother.....all my friends said that was enough....and it worked for me...

diOxide, banta4gc, thanks for your responses.

dioOxide, can you post the exact content of the letter because in my case also the birth is before 1971. If you could share which town and how you got the letter, that would be great too.

Hope to find out from others if anybody has used this format.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had also provided Really Really Sworn Affidavits , Looks like dog ate those !
So they asked me for NABC (Non availablity blah - blah)
Though there is no format: I used this:-
Non availabilty of Birth Certificate issued under Registration of Birth and Death Act 1969.
This is to certify a search has been made on the request of <Me> s/o <Father's Name> in Municipal Registration Record for years 1965-1970(whatever) relating to your <town/city> and found that no registration record is available.His/Her date of birth is <>.

Sd/
Director.

Mine was issued by Director Health Services.
They initially laughed at the demand.

Joya

My DOB is before 1971 too. I could not get a non-availability certificate from Madurai where I was born.
I used affidavit from my parents. Though, I was concerned about that, it worked for me.
My GC was approved. Please do not worry about non availability. Go ahead and produce the affidavits.

Good Luck.

My sworn affidavits are from my parents and from India.
They still asked for NABC.
There used to be site "yourmaninindia.com" or something.
They might be able to do something.

Ideally you need Non-availability Certificate + Two affidavits from Parent or relatives who are at least 10 years older than you.
I would send some relative or friend to Municipality office (if require take help of local municipal elected Rep.) and get the non-availability certificate on their letter head.
I don't take any risk with just two affidavits. If you are not lucky, officer will issue RFE.

Good luck

Hi,

Municpality is not issuing a non availability letter for birth cert. Instead they are requesting to fill their application form to get the birth cert.

Then they will handwrite in the back of their application form that the birth is not registered with the municipality stamp.

Two questions:
1) Has anyone used this format for non availability where birth is not registered is handwritten in the back of the application form?
2) Is this acceptable to USCIS and has any one gotten approved like this?

Please help.