birth affidavits from USA (to the lawyers and the gurus) ?

qwerty1111

Registered Users (C)
For many of us who dont have birth certificates, we will need to have 2 affidavits from our parents on stamp paper from India.

My question is what if parents are visiting me ? Can the affidavits be from USA ? Do we have to explain why the affidavit is being done from the USA on the affidavit itself ? Is it a requirement that the affidavit must be from city of birth /country of birth ? Or should my parents go back to India immediately ?

Did anyone face this problem ? Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance

I believe there is no mention that affidavit should be on stamp paper from ur home country. have u read this anywhere this requirement.

Affidavit is simple letter u can use regular paper. type it and if parents are there then good ,,, ask to sign it. thats it u all set.

Good Luck

qwerty1111 said:
For many of us who dont have birth certificates, we will need to have 2 affidavits from our parents on stamp paper from India.

My question is what if parents are visiting me ? Can the affidavits be from USA ? Do we have to explain why the affidavit is being done from the USA on the affidavit itself ? Is it a requirement that the affidavit must be from city of birth /country of birth ? Or should my parents go back to India immediately ?

Did anyone face this problem ? Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance

Affidavits can be made anywhere in the world. They just have to follow local rules for making affidavits. Every country, state or sometimes local counties/cities has its own rule. For example, in India it has to be on stamp paper and then notorized by notary certified by local court. In USA it can be on plain white paper notorized by state licensed notary service (see local Yellow page listing for local notary services).

You don't need to explain anything. Notorization is a good proof of authenticity of document and the content of it.

FYI -- most notaries in the US only notarize the signature -- they do NOT validate the content.

But for this purpose, you only need the signature to be "notarized" - so its no big deal
(since the person executing the affidavit will have the standard verbiage regarding the "truth" of the facts stated)