Birh cerficate issue.... Urgent....

Thanks for the forum, the info here is so useful.

But one additonal thing i wanted to confirm from the forum.

My case:
Birth Certificate with no name on it.

solution:
getting a new affidavit from both parents.

issue:
should i get non-availbalilty certificate too? since i have a birth
certificate but no name on it.

I need to submit my I140/485 in the next couple of days...
any info at the earliest will be of immense help.

thanks
VG

Originally posted by Vermot_Goldie
Thanks for the forum, the info here is so useful.

But one additonal thing i wanted to confirm from the forum.

My case:
Birth Certificate with no name on it.

solution:
getting a new affidavit from both parents.

issue:
should i get non-availbalilty certificate too? since i have a birth
certificate but no name on it.

I need to submit my I140/485 in the next couple of days...
any info at the earliest will be of immense help.

thanks
VG
============================
Hi last jan, I appeared for interview with my family. My spouse had the BC without her name on it. We submitted affidavit prepared by her dad and the non-availability certificate. We presented the case as if we didn't had BC. In fact her original BC was issued by private nursing home but not the corporation.
My suggession is have the non-availability certificate if that's not too tough to get.
cheers!!
ranen

BC issue

In my case - my DOB certificate shows real date but all my education (and passport) show I am one year older mainly because I started my school 1 yr early and school.

Since then I'm 1 yr older on paper.

What would I need to produce to INS instead of BC? I've an affedevit from my parents. I think I would need non availability Certificate too... but I wonder what date of birth would it show?

When would I need to show these documents? I am about to apply.

Thanks in advance...

Re: BC issue

Originally posted by amolash
In my case - my DOB certificate shows real date but all my education (and passport) show I am one year older mainly because I started my school 1 yr early and school.

Since then I'm 1 yr older on paper.

What would I need to produce to INS instead of BC? I've an affedevit from my parents. I think I would need non availability Certificate too... but I wonder what date of birth would it show?

When would I need to show these documents? I am about to apply.

Thanks in advance...

If you are able to get a non-availability certificate ( inspite of
having a birth certificate ) then you need not worry about the
date, because they would only say that they made a search
in such and such year and could not find any record of birth
for you.

There will not be a mention of any specific date.

When you need the documents depends on the consulate.
If it is consulates in India, you would need to carry them with
you to the interview.

Raju

Thanks Raju for your reply...

One more quick Q: where and how would I get non availability certificate?

FYI, I'm in US and my parents are in different town (500 km away from my birth place) of India. Will they be able to get it from their local muncipal corporation?

Thanks again!!

You would have mentioned some place of birth in your passport.

Your parent or any representative should go to that place and
approach the local municipality or panchayat office and apply for
the non-availability certificate.

Going to the place where they are now, will not work,and you
know why!

Search in the forum and you will find a sample copy of the
NAC that I posted sometime back.

Raju

My situation is quite different. I have my correct name and Date of Birth in my BC but my mom's name has been spelled wrong.

What shall I do ? Do I have to get it corrected ??

My situation is quite different. I have my correct name and Date of Birth in my BC but my mom's name has been spelled wrong.

Thanks

Originally posted by luxGC

Thanks

It depends on how different it is. If it is just one letter mis-placed
then it should be OK.

Take an affidavit from your mother, just in case.

If you can get the BC corrected without much trouble then that
is the best solution.

Raju

Raju,

Thanks for your reply.

They have replaced three letters with one equivalent sounding letter.

I will ask my parents to try to get a new BC (IF POSSIBLE) with the corrected name.

If they can't issue another BC, is the affidavit from my mom sufficient ? Is there any specific format for getting the affidavit ?

Thanx

lux

I think I posted a sample birth affidavit in one of the threads.
< After 140 approval...before case is sent to Consulate...>

Yes, one birth affidavit would be sufficient.

Raju

Raju595

I think we need 2 affidavits along with certificate from local authority (Non-Availability or BC without name etc.)
I was asked to get 2 affidavits by my attorney in addition to the
birth certificate.Also everyone I know who had BC issue have
submitted 2 affidavits and also I have seen few posts and all of
them talk about 2 affidavits.
Did you submit only one affidavit?

Thanks
Sept13

Affidavits

All my colleagues (around 10) have submitted 3 affidavits. One from Mother, one from Father and another from a close relative (there is no definition for close relative). All three affidavits contain the same information and need to be notarized in India.

To be clear, I am talking about affidvits for the following:
1. Birth certificate's non-registration.
2. Marriage Certificate's non-registration.
3. Chage of last name for spouse after marriage.

I am also following the same procedure.

If either Mother or Father are not live, then another relative can give an affidavit.

Thanks,
Puliraju

hI Guys:

I have a question. If the name of the Parents in the Passport are slightly different from BC, is it matters? If so, what should be done...?

Thanks for any input...

sv

Sample Affidavits-for Non-avilability of BC

Here are the fomats for affidavits. There is no hard and fast rule for affidavits.

Affidavit from a Relative:
On Rs 10/- stamp paper
Stamp paper to be bought in the name of Chris Tucker (Relative of Julia Roberts)

I, Chris Tucker S/o , Hindu, Indian National, aged years, residing at H.No: ABC village, XYZ District, Andhra Pradesh, INDIA, do hereby solemnly affirm and state on oath as follows:-

2. Julia Roberts (before her marriage, Julia Bush) is my cousin brother's daughter. She was born on April 1, 1970 at their residence at ABC Village, XYZ District, Andhra Pradesh INDIA. Her birth was not registered with the Registrar of Births & Deaths, at local authorities. Hence non-availability certificate in C.A, no…. dated …. Was issued.

3. My cousin brother Peter Bush and his legally wedded wife Stephanie Bush (mother) are the natural parents of Julia Roberts (before Marriage, Julia Bush).

4. I was present in the house at the time of the above Child's birth and also attended the incidental birth function at which the child named "Julia". We are celebrating Julia's birth day on 1stt day of April in every year and aware of the above birth facts.

5. The facts stated above are all true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief. I declare under penalty of perjury and the laws of the US that the foregoing is true and correct.

( )
Deponent.

Affidavit from Father and Mother.

On 10/- stamp paper
Stamp paper to be bought in the name of (Father/Mother) S/o…..

I, Peter Bush, .. s/o of ……….. Hindu, Indian National, aged …. years, residing at ABC village, XYZ Dist, Andhra Pradesh, INDIA do hereby solemnly affirm and state on oath as follows:-

2. Julia Roberts (before her marriage, Julia Bush) is my daughter. She was born on 1stth April, 1970 at our residence at ABC Village, ZYX Dist, Andhra Pradesh, INDIA. Her birth was not registered with the Registrar of Births and Dealths, at local authorities. Hence Non-avialability certificate in C.A. No……dated……. Was issued.

3. My self (Father) and my legally wedded wife (Stephanie Bush/mother) are the natural parents of Julia Roberts (before her marriage, Julia Bush).

4. Hence I hereby confirm that my daughter Julia's date of birth is 1st April, 1970 and place of birth is ABC Village, XYZ District, Andhra Pradesh, INDIA.

I declare under penalty of perjury and the laws of the U.S that the foregoing is true and correct.

( )

Deponent.

Birth Affidavit.

Sept13,

This is what I know.

Taking a birth affidavit from parent(s) is an accepted procedure.

It is clearly indicated by the Consulate that in the event of
not having a BIRTH CERTIFICATE the candidate needs to submit
a NON-AVAILABILITY CERTIFICATE , AND a secondary evidence..

The following are the permitted secondary evidence:

* A baptismal certificate that contains the date and place of birth
and both parent's names providing the baptism took place
shortly after birth.

(or)

* An adoption decree for an adopted child

(or)

* An affidavit from a close relative, preferably the applicant's
mother, stating the date and place of birth, both parent's
names and the mother's maiden name.

As you can see only ONE affidavit is sufficient, and it is preferable
to take it from mother.

However people have been submitting several affidavits for
several reasons. In my case I took 2 , one from my mother and
another one from my father.

This is how I see it:

ONE affidavit : Absolute requirement.
TWO affidavits: No need, just for peace of mind
THREE affidavits: Overkill.

Decide for yourself.

Raju

Has anybody had wrong date of birth recorded in birth certificate and managed to change it through court to correct date? (especially when one is born at home and hence, no proof for birth on a particular date)
My wife was born late night (3 AM which is early morning next day). when they registered (grandpa), by mistake, registered the birth for the previous day. But all her shcool certificates have the correct date (the next day). So we are not able to get the BC for the correct date and municipality is not issuing non-availability certificate as well. So we have to move the court. But, I am not sure if we will be able to get BC from court with birth registered on the previosu day. If anybody had corrected date of birth through court, let me know.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: