biometrics notice: I-485 receipt notice vs separate letter

bjorn

Registered Users (C)
Please note that the VSC has put the biometrics appointment notice ON the actual I-485 receipt notice, and you will NOT be issues a separate biometrics letter. However, this will change back to a separate biometrics letter very soon according to the USCIS I was just told, so check your I-485 receipt notice carefully when you get them. My lawyer missed that and I was informed by a person on this forum that his I-485 receipt notice has the biometrics appointment on it, so I check with my lawyer, and the admitted that he had missed that biometrics appointment notice information on the I-485 receipt notice.

Received I-485 Receipt with Biometric info. on that

Hi,

Just now my lawyer's office sent me ALL for EAC no.s /receipts for the I-140, I-485, I-131 and I-765.

My I-485 notice does mention the following:
Biometrics: Fingerprint, Photo, signature
The next step for you to have your biometrics taken at the USCIS Application Support Center (ASC). Call customer service at 800-375-5283 to schedule your appointment. It is important that you schedule your appointment.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
greatgc: Which service center did you send your 485? Are there separate receipts for 131 and 765? My lawyer just sent me the receipt for 485

Vsc

Hi,

I sent the concurrent applications for I-140 , I-485, I-131 AND I-765.
YES- there are seperate receipts one for each 4 of these forms. I got total 4 receipts and 4 EAC no.s. Pls ask your lawyer to send you remaining receipts.

Thanks

dcmetro22042 said:
greatgc: Which service center did you send your 485? Are there separate receipts for 131 and 765? My lawyer just sent me the receipt for 485

I sent that to the Vermont Service ctr.

Ya- and I sent to the VSC.
Hi,

I sent the concurrent applications for I-140 , I-485, I-131 AND I-765.
YES- there are seperate receipts one for each 4 of these forms. I got total 4 receipts and 4 EAC no.s. Pls ask your lawyer to send you remaining receipts.

Thanks
****[/QUOTE]

That explains it.
- Seems to be that VSC and NSC receipt notices are quite different in that case. NSC does not mention FP or Biometrics.
- I have the #s for EAD, AP, 140, etc which I used to setup access on USCIS website but just do not have the receipt notices. Will send an email for that to lawyer. Thanks.

I would guess the answer is yes. coz I created the account under my name (primary) but added my wife's #s there as well. I dont think USCIS is going to match ur name to the cases you add to the portfolio. Go ahead and try it out.

Biometric Scheduled for Second week of Nov. 2005

Hi,

I called up the 800 no. again today and was able to get the Biometric appointment for Second week of November. Two days back they had asked me to wait for seperate FP notice letter and after reading someone's message I called them again today. Without seperate FP notice, I am given the appointment and the confirmation no. so I will NOT be returned back from the ASC. I think folks should call again and try to get the appointment.

Thanks
PERM Hard Copy Received on 09/19/05

I-140/485 Concurrent Filing Details:
I-140/485/EAD/AP RD: 9/26/05 - VSC, EB-2; RD: 9/26/05

FP Notice:This is interesting - the I-485 receipt itself mentions that the next step for me is to call the USCIS service center and set up for Biometrics - fingerpinting, photo and signature with the USCIS Application Service Center.

I-140 LUD:10/06/05
I-140 AD:

I-485 LUD:10/06/05
I-485 AD:

AP LUD: 10/06/05
AP AD:

EAD LUD: 10/06/05
EAD AD:
Bio Notice RD:10/07/05, FP Scheduled in Second week of Nov. 2005.
PP Stamp:
Plastic Card RD: