Bill C-11 Passed by senate on 31 oct

www.parl.gc.ca , go to chamber business and click on progress on legislation on the LHS

law

correct me if i am wrong:
so now C-11 will be sent for Governor General\'s blessings for Royal Assent and then it will become the law.

any idea how long this takes?

No Title

I am a PR of Canada but live in US right now. Does this law allow me stay outside Canada for more than 183 days during any year?

Bill C11 updates

SEARCH RESULTS - STORY
Senate passes new immigration bill after much debate and controversy

Canadian Press

Thursday, November 01, 2001

OTTAWA (CP) - The Senate passed the government\'s new immigration act late Wednesday after months of debate and controversy over the sweeping changes it introduces.

Bill C-11 became a focus of attention following the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, when opposition parties called for additional amendments to tighten Canada\'s immigration system. Citizenship and Immigration Minister Elinor Caplan has said she wanted the bill passed before she entertains any further changes in light of the terrorist attacks.

The new Immigration Act brings several changes, among them immediate security checks of refugee claimants and a streamlined removal process. It also imposes hefty new penalties for people smugglers.

CITIZENSHIP - IS IT 3 YEARS OR 5 YEARS NOW????

With the new law can we still apply for citizenship 3 years after landing?