Bi-polar situation

devildog

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys!! You can check my asylum application time-date history in USA. Before I applied here, I applied in Canada. I did'nt follow my Canadian application anymore because:
1. My wife was pregnant, at that time (she was in USA) Canada told me that I had to wait until the delivery date of the baby in USA (about 7 months, after that date). This situation are forceing me at be illegal (because expiration of I-94) in the time waiting just for the appointment in Canadian Consulate.
2. My case is strong. It is USA's interest related-linked. USA authorities advice me to apply in USA instead of Canada, where the Government could dont give importance to my case.

In my application in USA, I explained this situation (question about if you applied for asylum before in USA or other country?) and obviously my explanation was accepted, because they are rolling my case without problems in this particular point

The point is: after all this time of waiting approval in USA (last update, recommendation of approval letter), I suddenly received an appointment letter to Canadian Consulate in Buffalo, asking me to show in person. That is strange to me is that they are asking me for proof of employment, declaration of taxes in USA, passports

My questions:
* Can someone give me an advice? We are safe in USA, but we feel more confortable in Canada, were my wife lived for several years in the past.
* What exactly means "recommendation of approval letter". It is big part of the road done? What is missed in our case that deserve an recommendation before a granted?
* Despiting our current situation in USA, it is possible that Canada offers us status to be able to settle there?

Thanks you all guys, good luck for everyone.

"Recommendation of approval" means that YOUR CASE HAS BEEN APPROVED; however, FBI background/Name check of at least one of the members of the case is pending, and a full grant cannot be given.

Once your background and/or name check clears, CIS will send you in the mail your I-94s and the letter of asylum granted. Your case was convinced enough for the officer to approve your case, but your background is missing...
see this http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/services/asylum/types.htm#recommend

Now, whether to go to Canada or stay in the US will be your own judgment. Be aware that the Canadian goverment may deny your asylum case due to "recommendation approval" in the US. Basically, under the third safe country agreement, your are safe and under the protection of the US.

Good luck,

Last edited by a moderator: