Benefits for Asylee

nasylee

Hello,
My asylum case approved today, I am financialy struggle and i need help for only few months to untill get job & lerned languge. my free lawyer told i can get cash assistance as a asylee, is that true? please let me know what benefit I am qualified and your experiences. Thank you so much

yes you can get cash assistance and food stamp :) Go to The SS Office they will help you..

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for reply, I went SS and asked about it, they told me there aren't such a program for asylee, My lawyer told me there was a program call RCA (refugee cash assiatance) for asylee, but he is not sure still govermant funded that program. please advice and share experiences, thank you.

Thank you for reply, I went SS and asked about it, they told me there aren't such a program for asylee, My lawyer told me there was a program call RCA (refugee cash assiatance) for asylee, but he is not sure still govermant funded that program. please advice and share experiences, thank you.

Go look for a job and leave tax payers money alone.

There are plenty of minimum wage jobs that don't require good English.

Too many people with no English no papers were able to find jobs and feed their families.

Are they better than you???????

Thank you for opinions, I was in Immigration detantion center, Few days a go, got asylum. don't no any body in this country, unkown lawyer helped me. just got admission to shelter. I want to work hard as possible & get my own place to sleep, start my life all over. if there benefite I am qualifiy for I am more than happy to take it, I just want some help to start. I am fighting. is it taking benfit a crime?

Dear Nasylee:
I feel very sorry for you and completely understand your situation.
As an immigrant and asylum seeker waiting for decision (and without EAD) I know how difficult is to live in a country that we don't know the language and the system. Without family or friends is even more difficult.
We feel good to read and comment in this forum, and have "virtual" contact with people who are in our same situation; it brings relief in many ways. Coming from persecution, maybe psychological and physical damaged, plus living in a foreign country is not easy for anybody. NO ONE wants to live in welfare. Most of us had a “good life” in our country, and we didn't take the decision to come to America to live "better" or for "FREE"; we came here looking for freedom, and stay away for our persecutors. This forum should be for advice, sharing experience.... and why not for comfort?? I'm tired of been persecuted, living in fear and accused in my own country, so I'm not looking to also been accused in this forum. We all pray to God for help during these difficult times, and He is always faithful, and full of love. Let's return what we had received.
Bless to God for all those who already received asylum approval, for the ones who have a steady job, and with financial freedom… and God may have mercy for all the ones who are still struggling with it.
It’s really; really difficult to get a job in America right now; thousands of US citizens are unemployed. So, if it’s hard for them to get a job, for us is even harder!
Nasylee, I never heard of such government financial aid for asylees, but in the Asylum Office you can get information about goverment help with free English courses, and career advice . They will help you to prepare your resume, and your job hunting. You should contact the asylum office in your state and request that information.
There’s also many NGO’s that help refugees, check refugees.org for information, and they have a list of agencies that work in partnership with them around the country.
I wish you the best!!
and God bless you!

why dont you apply for job at fast food companies, these companies are hiring

the reason that a lot of americans are unemployed because they are lazy, they love getting paid free from the unemployments, obama and democrats keep renewing it
and the second reason alot of people are unenemployed because many of them want only high paid jobs, and high paid jobs are difficult to be found,

my advice to you dont be lazy, getting a welfare check from the government is not a good start in america