asha

Registered Users (C)
Here is my timeline.
Applied :- 12/02/03
Priority Date :- 12/13/03
Finger Printing :- 01/23/04
Interview :- 08/26/04
Oath :- 08/26/04 (Same day)

My interview was scheduled for 8:00 AM, showed up at 7:30, waited till 8:50 to be called in by officer J. Yun. After swearing in, she wanted to see my GC, passport and marriage certificate. She just glanced through the GC, I don't think she looked at my passport or MC. She said she had everything she needs and asked me to put away all my stuff. She asked me 5 or 6 history/civic questions (from the 100 sample questions) and write a simple sentence. She went over the application and verified that nothing had changed (address, employer etc.) since filing and asked the standard questions about arrests, convictions etc. Pointing to my mention of traffic violations in the application, she said I don't have to report any non-DWI traffic violations. I had to sign some papers, (one them was the application itself, don't remember what others were).

Then she anounced that I have passed the interview and asked me to come back at 11AM for the oath ceremony. I called home at 9:00 AM, which means the interview was less than 10 minutes. But the ceremony was held at around 1:30 PM (I was very hungry). Got out of the building at around 2PM.

My only complaint is the long wait (spent 6 hours of total 6 and a half hours I spent in the building, just waiting for something or other), but at the end of the day I am glad that the process was very smooth and I am done with INS. :cool:

Congrats on becoming a USC. Spending 6 hrs is a bit boring but look at others on the forum who are waiting over 2 years for Natz. Good that you had Oath the same day...

Asha,

Did you find that your timeline was in accordance with the INS's posted timeline dates? Thanks.

Regards,
Mallika

asha said:
Here is my timeline.

Asha. Congrats on joining the ranks of new American of our great country. Remember to be a responsible citizen. :)

----------------------------
Vote Bush '04

dsfgh100 said:
Asha. Congrats on joining the ranks of new American of our great country. Remember to be a responsible citizen. :)

----------------------------
Vote Bush '04

Apply those words to yourself. So far you've proven to be a worthless citizen ..

Mallika,
No, the processing time reported by uscis doesn't match with my priority/receipt date. I just checked with uscis website,it reports that for Newark, NJ, is now processing applications with Receipt notice Sep 16, 2003. My Priority date was Dec 12, 2003, off by about 3 months. Also, my case status in uscis website is not updated since December of last year.

Atleast in my case, the movement is faster than it's reported.

asha said:
Here is my timeline.

My interview was scheduled for 8:00 AM, showed up at 7:30, waited till 8:50 to be called in by officer J. Yun. After swearing in, she wanted to see my GC, passport and marriage certificate. She just glanced through the GC, I don't think she looked at my passport or MC. She said she had everything she needs and asked me to put away all my stuff. She asked me 5 or 6 history/civic questions (from the 100 sample questions) and write a simple sentence. She went over the application and verified that nothing had changed (address, employer etc.) since filing and asked the standard questions about arrests, convictions etc. Pointing to my mention of traffic violations in the application, she said I don't have to report any non-DWI traffic violations. I had to sign some papers, (one them was the application itself, don't remember what others were).

Then she anounced that I have passed the interview and asked me to come back at 11AM for the oath ceremony. I called home at 9:00 AM, which means the interview was less than 10 minutes. But the ceremony was held at around 1:30 PM (I was very hungry). Got out of the building at around 2PM.

My only complaint is the long wait (spent 6 hours of total 6 and a half hours I spent in the building, just waiting for something or other), but at the end of the day I am glad that the process was very smooth and I am done with INS. :cool:

Asha ..
just wondering .. when did you receive your interview letter .. ? and what date was on it (just to see when it was made out) ..?

I don't remember the exact date when I received or the letter date; I got the letter about 8 weeks prior to my interview appointment.