BEC Priority Date Tracker

GC_Lover said:
I think he is making smart move. One of my old room mate moved to canada in 2001, he even got a job in Toyota, I think in Halifax and now he is working in US with Canadian passport and here I am still waiting for my slow a$$ LC to get approved.

I know a friend of mine even made his move smarter than this.

He received his H1-B from a company in Michigan and applied for his greencard in 2001. Meantime he took Canadian PR and moved to Windsor, Canada. He stayed there for 4 years and maintained his job in Michigan with the same company (crossed the border everyday).

Now, he got his Canadian passport (he can work with a TN visa anytime) and still waiting for the labor approval from BEC.

I know this information is a bit old but it still interesting to see their vision of how the backlog would be eliminated.

Enjoy :)

http://www.doleta.gov/sga/rfp/PWCfinalReport.cfm

Just_watching, if you need to refine your time estimate model, here is some inside info I found in this document: the average [FLC processing is] of 426 cases per staff year across all 54 SWAs.

And if you want to understand the process at the BEC, read on this training manual ... you will find this very instructive !!! :)

http://www.doleta.gov/sga/rfp/SIM_Training_Manual.cfm

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Find

MDwatch said:
I know this information is a bit old but it still interesting to see their vision of how the backlog would be eliminated.

Just_watching, if you need to refine your time estimate model, here is some inside info I found in this document: the average [FLC processing is] of 426 cases per staff year across all 54 SWAs.

And if you want to understand the process at the BEC, read on this training manual ... you will find this very instructive !!! :)

MDWatch,
Very good findings. I need to review them closely yet. Looks like the dates are quite old (2001). Amazed that they started on this BEC process way back in 2001.

MDwatch said:

I have copies of both documents and read them in detail a while back. Some of my backlog estimates came from these documents in the first place.

As for the 426 cases / staff / year. This is a "tricky" number. This number is taking all cases and dividing by staff. So it bakes in time for RFEs, analysis, response, status inquiries, lunch breaks, etc.

In my models I have excluded people who would do these tasks to account for this.

Updated Tracker

zoar13 - added
r_ns74 - updated
vjkiran - added (Did you make it to Regional office? What is your RD?)
usaratb - added
sick_of_waiting - updated
krishna99 - added
NEW DIRECTIONS: PLEASE JUST POST YOUR UPDATES. I WILL UPDATE THE TRACKER. I AM STILL CAPTURING STUFF FROM OTHER FORUMS SO IT IS HARDER TO KEEP VERSION CONTROL IF OTHER PEOPLE UPDATE THE TRACKER DIRECTLY

- WHEN POSTING UPDATES, PLEASE INCLUDE INFO YOU MAY HAVE:

STATE SWA
EB2 or EB3
RIR or Regular
PD - Priority date
RD - Regional receipt date - if you didn't get to Regional, say "NO TRANSFER"
Regional DOL
New BEC Case no.
45-day letter Date received

THANK YOU FOR TAKING CARE OF THE TRACKER
PS If you want to Estimate your approval, there is an Estimate (read Guess) spreadsheet on Pg. 48 of this forum.

I notice in the tracker that there are no 45-day letters received in May 2005. Does this mean BECs have stopped sending those 45-day letters and have begun actual processing of cases?

So far, only Regional DOL cases and mainly NY SWA cases have received the 45-day letter.

mvinays said:
I notice in the tracker that there are no 45-day letters received in May 2005. Does this mean BECs have stopped sending those 45-day letters and have begun actual processing of cases?

So far, only Regional DOL cases and mainly NY SWA cases have received the 45-day letter.

or data entering like crazy...

my case update:

I have two apps:
1) CA SWA, PD May 2001, remanded.
I had sent an email in Feb and got a case number starting with D-XXX after a month. I did update it on tracker but I guess it was lost in bunch of posts.

2) Filed from Chicago, Feb 2004, RIR.
My lawyer got the 45 day letter, didn't tell me when, replied to it on April 28th.

Days_go_by said:
I have two apps:
1) CA SWA, PD May 2001, remanded.
I had sent an email in Feb and got a case number starting with D-XXX after a month. I did update it on tracker but I guess it was lost in bunch of posts.

2) Filed from Chicago, Feb 2004, RIR.
My lawyer got the 45 day letter, didn't tell me when, replied to it on April 28th.

Is CA case RIR?
Did your Chicago case go to Regional? RD?

-CA was RIR but was remanaded so Non RIR now.
-Not sure if my Chicago case made it to regional, there was some query in Nov 2004 from state and after that lawyer didn't recevie anything.

Updated Tracker

Days_go_by - added two entries (Can you get the first 5 or 7 digits of your case number?)
NEW DIRECTIONS: PLEASE JUST POST YOUR UPDATES. I WILL UPDATE THE TRACKER. I AM STILL CAPTURING STUFF FROM OTHER FORUMS SO IT IS HARDER TO KEEP VERSION CONTROL IF OTHER PEOPLE UPDATE THE TRACKER DIRECTLY

- WHEN POSTING UPDATES, PLEASE INCLUDE INFO YOU MAY HAVE:

STATE SWA
EB2 or EB3
RIR or Regular
PD - Priority date
RD - Regional receipt date - if you didn't get to Regional, say "NO TRANSFER"
Regional DOL
New BEC Case no.
45-day letter Date received

THANK YOU FOR TAKING CARE OF THE TRACKER
PS If you want to Estimate your approval, there is an Estimate (read Guess) spreadsheet on Pg. 48 of this forum.

correction

Hi JW,
Now that you asked me for the case number I started looking for case numbers and I found out that I did not recevie my CA SWA case number at all.
When I had send them email in Feb, I had mentioned my CA SWA case number and RD (b4 remand) in the email. I got a reply for it with the new case number and it did not say for which labor or address.
So I assumed that it was in reply to my CA SWA application.
Now, I checked the letter that lawyer sent and it has the same case number. So, when they replied in Feb, they must not have found my CA case number in DB, so searched using Name, and sent me Chicago case number instead.
Sorry about the confusion, so, I have received 45 day letter with case number from Chicago but nothing for my CA SWA.
First 5 digits of my Chicago case number are D-05080
Hope this helps and thanks for your work. You are doing a gr8 job, which is helping a lot of us.
As alwasy Days go by.

The following is a message posted by someone in San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker. Dallas BEC has really started processing cases....See below:

#################################################

12th May 2005, 06:21 PM
tgunukula
Registered User Join Date: Apr 2004

I got LC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi fellow members.
Today i got email from lawyer saying that my labor application is aparoved. Mine was in Dallas BES center. That means they started processing. My priority date is 4/02 and RD is first week 0f 5/03. Got 45 daya love letter in Jan 05. replied on 20 the JAN. Hopefully we will meet all you in 140 tracker. GOD 3years waiting. Dont know what happens in 140 and 485.

PD May 1st 2002
RD May 2003
Recieved and replied to letter from Dallas BEC on 1/3/2005

Last edited by a moderator:
Flood of approvals by Dallas BEC.

See message below by user_id shaaka.....in the Dallas BEC Approval Queue Tracker

##################################################

#69 13th May 2005, 03:36 PM
shaaka
Registered User Join Date: Mar 2005

Approvals flooding over my attorney's office

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys,

My lawyer received lot of approvals for RIR cases from Dallas BEC. Some of them are 2001 and lot of 2002 approvals.

All approvals are from Dallas BEC

She said that latest approvals she got is for Mar 2002, End of Apr 2002 . She got this approvals in last week of Apr 2005.... .

She said Dallas BEC queue is far beyond Aug 2002.

When i asked how do you know about the queue she said, she sent a email query to find the status about one Aug 2002 RIR case and she got reply back with "FINAL REVIEW". That's how she confirmed this.

ICARUS.......Looks like you will need to give a queue status update..Where is the queue exactly now......

I got reply from DLFC to my case status request email saying that my case number HAS NOT YET BEEN ASSIGNED. While another of my co-worker got his 45-day letter who has exactly same priority date as mine. :confused:

mbmisc said:
I got reply from DLFC to my case status request email saying that my case number HAS NOT YET BEEN ASSIGNED. While another of my co-worker got his 45-day letter who has exactly same priority date as mine. :confused:

Case of you co-worker must have made it to Regional.
Can you find out more from him/her?