• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Based on September VB is my CN safe

BetaPhaggot

Hi im from Singapore my CN is 2015AS13,6xxx am i safe?expected interview month? Should i be worried about not getting current / running out of visa? I just saw the VB for 2014 and based on that I'm not current will it be the same for DV15, Thanks..

Hi im from Singapore my CN is 2015AS13,6xxx am i safe?expected interview month? Should i be worried about not getting current / running out of visa? I just saw the VB for 2014 and based on that I'm not current will it be the same for DV15, Thanks..

Be positive @BetaPhaggot , AS will be current in this year!!:rolleyes:
We will have our interview @ S'pore!
Now waiting for 2NL!!:D

Any significance to the fact that AF started 2015 with 500 more than 2014 ? All you statistical wiz kids with your exponential equations and mathematical calculations , I'm relying on you to get me to September next year in one piece CN AF84 xxx. What ya say Vladek ?

I know you're new here but please don't start with these assertions. We had a lot of disappointment this year despite a few of us trying to be realistic with certain other people adamant everyone would go current. It wasn't "nice", it just have people false hope. I think cutoffs will be higher for DV15 but I still don't think most regions will go current.

I know you're new here but please don't start with these assertions. We had a lot of disappointment this year despite a few of us trying to be realistic with certain other people adamant everyone would go current. It wasn't "nice", it just have people false hope. I think cutoffs will be higher for DV15 but I still don't think most regions will go current.

Absolutely agree with Susie on this. DV2014 was the first year for several years where current was not realistic, but we spent a lot of time and precious emotion having conversations (sometimes quite heated) with those that attacked anyone who said that current wasn't possible. Now that we have seen that in DV2014, we know that not everyone will get through - so it is kinder to be realistic with our guesses and make sure people know that the visa is only for sure when it is in your hand.

Am i safe though? Seeing as 2014 ended with 13,350, mine is 13,6xx

The pseudo screw-up in May in the status check, may end up having some 2012-esque effect. I wouldn't be surprised if the final DV-2015 cut-off numbers end up higher than DV-2014 by at least about 5%.

So sorry Sissie,:oops: if u think this way !.I did't mean any harm for others who do not make it in 2014. I really feel for them, I mean it!! Just encouraging each other what I believe, thats all!

Am i safe though? Seeing as 2014 ended with 13,350, mine is 13,6xx

You cannot assume that one year is safe because the previous year reached a certain number. However, because of Nigeria, AS is likely to go quite a bit higher than DV2014. I've explained my reasoning about that in a recent post...

You cannot assume that one year is safe because the previous year reached a certain number. However, because of Nigeria, AS is likely to go quite a bit higher than DV2014. I've explained my reasoning about that in a recent post...

Will it go higher at least 300 or so?

Any significance to the fact that AF started 2015 with 500 more than 2014 ? All you statistical wiz kids with your exponential equations and mathematical calculations , I'm relying on you to get me to September next year in one piece CN AF84 xxx. What ya say Vladek ?

Could be anywhere judging by past years. I was really surprised at the AF cutoff this year, I thought it would be around 90k. I hope you're in ...

So sorry Sissie,:oops: if u think this way !.I did't mean any harm for others who do not make it in 2014. I really feel for them, I mean it!! Just encouraging each other what I believe, thats all!

I know you didn't mean harm and that's why I tried to explain why I said what I did...wasn't meant to come across as harsh.

I know you didn't mean harm and that's why I tried to explain why I said what I did...wasn't meant to come across as harsh.
Its better to be honest + upfront than giving false hope
Actually I could easily see 15/16k so yes - your number should be ok.

Yeah frankly I'd be really shocked if i didn't get current as DV2015 has less selectees than DV2014

What should i do in a year while i wait for my interview then, can't wait to step on the US soil, never been there before, first time ever.

Its better to be honest + upfront than giving false hope

Yeah frankly I'd be really shocked if i didn't get current as DV2015 has less selectees than DV2014

What should i do in a year while i wait for my interview then, can't wait to step on the US soil, never been there before, first time ever.

If I were you, I would take my mind off it for a few months. This process and this forum is an addiction!