• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Bank STATEMENT

jummy

Registered Users (C)
Am in Nigeria, Can anybody tell me more about this bank statement thing?,My bank statement does'nt seem to be robust as i feel,what is the way out,do i have any chance?

Am in Nigeria, Can anybody tell me more about this bank statement thing?,My bank statement does'nt seem to be robust as i feel,what is the way out,do i have any chance?

If u have relatives or friends who are on permanent residence in US, then you can try and get affidavit of support from any one of them, so that you don't need to use your bank statement again since you don't have sufficient fund in the acct.

If u have relatives or friends who are on permanent residence in US, then you can try and get affidavit of support from any one of them, so that you don't need to use your bank statement again since you don't have sufficient fund in the acct.

if i decide to use bank statement,how robust should it be and for how long to earn me a successful interview.

if i decide to use bank statement,how robust should it be and for how long to earn me a successful interview.

Both the affidavit of support and the bank acct serve the same purpose to show that you will not become a public charge while in US. You shoul have a minimum of about $14000.00 in your account statement.

Both the affidavit of support and the bank acct serve the same purpose to show that you will not become a public charge while in US. You should have a minimum of about $14000.00 in your account statement.

Thanks a lot, you guys have been so helpful.If i decide to opt for bank statement.How many month statement is adequate,How many month should the financial build up be.

Thanks a lot, you guys have been so helpful.If i decide to opt for bank statement.How many month statement is adequate,How many month should the financial build up be.

Jummy,
If u are in Nigeria, you DONT need to submit bank statement and affidavit of support. We didn't do it during our own or is it a new requirement?
Pls don't worry urself too much and get other documents ready. Cheers!

Jummy,
If u are in Nigeria, you DONT need to submit bank statement and affidavit of support. We didn't do it during our own or is it a new requirement?

Thanks a lot Select, i had hitherto been running myself crazy on this. I read people going to interview with some sort of letter from their employer,what sort of letter do i get from my employer to the interview.

Jummy,

Did u mean that the neither the bank statement nor the affidavit of support is compulsory for DV loTtery interview in Nigeria US embassy? If this is so, then its really good.

Did u mean that the neither the bank statement nor the affidavit of support is compulsory for DV loTtery interview in Nigeria US embassy? If this is so, then its really good.

@ Jummy and Olasunkanmi,

You don't need any of the two as mentioned. You don't even need a letter from ur employer.
Just go with all the originals of ur credentials( from Primary school to dat of ur Tertiary education). Also make a photocopy of each of them.
Make sure u remember all d courses u did while in d University/Poly and also ur Final Year project.They will ask questions in these areas. They may also ask questions about wht ur job involves now and u can take ur letter of employment/I.D. card.
One love!

@ Jummy and Olasunkanmi,

You don't need any of the two as mentioned. You don't even need a letter from ur employer.
Just go with all the originals of ur credentials( from Primary school to dat of ur Tertiary education). Also make a photocopy of each of them.
Make sure u remember all d courses u did while in d University/Poly and also ur Final Year project.They will ask questions in these areas. They may also ask questions about wht ur job involves now and u can take ur letter of employment/I.D. card.
One love!

thank a lot.

Here is what you find buried in the instructions relating to DV winners on the governemnt website
If you are selected to apply for a DV visa, you will be required to provide evidence that you will not become a public charge in the United States before being issued a visa. This evidence may be the the form of a combination of your personal assets, an Affidavit of Support ( Form I-134) from a relative or friend residing in the United States , and/or an offer of employment from an employer in the United States.

Based on this it sounds like you should be taking bank statements if you don't have a job waiting or an I-134. It is typical that they want to see that the funds have been in your account for 6 months or more.