Baltimore transfer at 8/6 (RD 1/16/2002)

interview at local office and pictures

Guys,
I have an interview scheduled at local office . In the interview letter they have not asked about immigration picture. I submitted 4 pics while submitting my I-485 to Nebraska Service Centre. Should I take immigration pics again with me for the interview?

In our case they did not ask for pictures also, but we brought new pictures with us (2 per person), and while interview we offered them and they took and attached to our files. I think if we would not have them, they would just use old ones... but our old are different format (with 'ear'), so I am not sure.

Letter From Local INS

Hi Gurus,

Please gurus give me some advice or suggestions on this letter which i have received from Local INS. Any help is greatly appreciated.

My case got transferred on 21 DEC 2004 to Local Baltimore INS. From that day to till yesterday I didn't received any updates.

My Case is EB3, from India and PD is 2003

I have received a Green color Letter From Local INS, stating that submit some documents.

"The job offer which supports your Labour Certification from your
<company name> and that indicates that your will work
for this <company name>.Please confirm that your will work for <company name> for provide alternate job offer for a comparable job.

I was thinking all this time, that my case got transferred to LOCAL INS so need to go for personal interview. Same time I lost hope as my PD is 2003 n they won't touch my case for couple of more years, but after receiving this mail for more info. I am kind of confused.

Local Ins

Compass,

Can you give me some suggestion for the following query I have received from LOCAL INS.

Receiving this query is good, or still do I need to go for personal interview in LOCAL INS

vikramab said:
Hi Gurus,

Please gurus give me some advice or suggestions on this letter which i have received from Local INS. Any help is greatly appreciated.

My case got transferred on 21 DEC 2004 to Local Baltimore INS. From that day to till yesterday I didn't received any updates.

My Case is EB3, from India and PD is 2003

I have received a Green color Letter From Local INS, stating that submit some documents.

"The job offer which supports your Labour Certification from your
<company name> and that indicates that your will work
for this <company name>.Please confirm that your will work for <company name> for provide alternate job offer for a comparable job.

I was thinking all this time, that my case got transferred to LOCAL INS so need to go for personal interview. Same time I lost hope as my PD is 2003 n they won't touch my case for couple of more years, but after receiving this mail for more info. I am kind of confused.

vikramab said:
Compass,

Can you give me some suggestion for the following query I have received from LOCAL INS.

Receiving this query is good, or still do I need to go for personal interview in LOCAL INS

I think this is good news! Looks like they opened your file...
I got same kind of green letter ON THE INTERVIEW, I think this is standard letter when they need more info from you. Mine (and my daughter's) letters were about the doctor's mistake: doctor forgot to check the box in the medical form! I think they opened the medical envelope only right before interview and so I got to know about it only on the interview...well it took me 5 weeks to get it corrected, then I had to mail it together with that green letter back to Baltimore office. Then after one more months I made infopass and asked how is going, if they are satisfied with medicals now? Reply was - you can ask about this only 6 months later! So I just hope they are satisfied.
Your green letter shows that maybe they will try to avoid interview with you, so just send whatever they want, and wait. I think you have 90 days to reply, right? Even if they call you for interview, it should go faster and you should get approved sooner I hope!

Any news from anybody? I also wanted to find out how long it takes to receive the welcome letter or greencard. A friend of mine received an email on the 10th of March that his case was approved but has not heard anything since. Seems like most people from Baltimore are at the edge of their seats these days. I submitted my third medicals last week and am now again waiting. Guys or Gals please keep this thread alive. Hope everyone has a good day.

Regards,

QCO

I-485 case transferred to Baltimore MD

Hi Folks,

My I-485 got transferred to Baltimore MD yesterday (March 22, 2006). Mine is EB2 category, I-485 Notice date is March 17, 2005. Priority date is Dec 23, 2003. Will I get my interview call any sooner?

Please share your experiences you had with Baltimore office.

As always, Thank you all!
newDay

QCO1 said:
Any news from anybody? I also wanted to find out how long it takes to receive the welcome letter or greencard. A friend of mine received an email on the 10th of March that his case was approved but has not heard anything since. Seems like most people from Baltimore are at the edge of their seats these days. I submitted my third medicals last week and am now again waiting. Guys or Gals please keep this thread alive. Hope everyone has a good day.

Regards,

QCO
Hello everybody, QCO1, izmr, 15_year, vikramab!
I think I just got approved, my daughter called (I am now in TX) and told she received 3 approval letters for all of us dated March 21. I think congressman (Cardin) helped, I also wrote to 2 senators, not sure what helped but Cardin's office answered couple of times and after that Baltimore office sent us 2nd FP notice (1st one expired), we did FP in end of Feb and have been approved on March 21. Also I did yell that my daughter will turn 21 soon and hers will be aging-out case, I know she still will be covered... but they (both congressman and Balt. office) for some reason found it to be important. maybe this helped.
See details in my former posts in other name check related threads.
So folks if you got kids close to 21, point this out to USCIS!

No cards or welcome letters yet, I will update you as I or my family will get anything.

Newday, if you read this thread you find lots of info, and table showing statistics on baltimore transferred cases, you can take over to update the table...

Compass,

Congratulations. I also received the welcome Letter today so along with you hopefully I end this journey and begin my new journey of acquiring citizenship. The letters were dated for Mar 21st. It has been taking anywhere from 2-3 weeks after FP for a response from the center. Hope this info helps. Hope everybody has a good weekend.

Regards,

QCO

Congratulations QCO1!!! :D
It looks like they did a major clean-up of backlogged cases on March 21st....
Also folks, if anyone would update the track table with our recein info...would be nice! I am afraid I will screw up that nice table (last version should be few pages back)...even though it was me who started that tracking table...

Thanks Compass. Congrats to you too. I received the letter on the 24th and got the stamp on the 27th. Now the wait for the physical card. I was told it normally takes 3 weeks after the approval letter. Lets see if thats the case. Anybody recently received their physical card from VSC??? If so could you please post ur timeline from welcome letter to card in hand. Good luck to all.

Regards,

QCO.

QCO1 said:
Thanks Compass. Congrats to you too. I received the letter on the 24th and got the stamp on the 27th. Now the wait for the physical card. I was told it normally takes 3 weeks after the approval letter. Lets see if thats the case. Anybody recently received their physical card from VSC??? If so could you please post ur timeline from welcome letter to card in hand. Good luck to all.

Regards,

QCO.

Hi QCO,
So you did receive welcome letter, not approval letter? I did not receive welcome letter yet... I heard that they issue welcome letter after approval letter, when they start preparing the card and card comes soon after that welcome letter...please keep me updated...
What did you for stamping, did you do infopass "to speak to immigration officer"? If I will not receive card soon, I will go for stamping in May...

Compass,

My bad its the approval letter not welcome letter. The appoval letter is dated March 7th. Guess am still waiting for the Welcomel letter. Hope everybody has a good weekend.

Regards,

QCO

Code for FP

Hi compass,

Could you please let me know the code (1, 2 or 3) on your FP1 and FP2 ?

Thanks !

compass said:
Hi QCO,
So you did receive welcome letter, not approval letter? I did not receive welcome letter yet... I heard that they issue welcome letter after approval letter, when they start preparing the card and card comes soon after that welcome letter...please keep me updated...
What did you for stamping, did you do infopass "to speak to immigration officer"? If I will not receive card soon, I will go for stamping in May...

eternal_labor said:
Hi compass,

Could you please let me know the code (1, 2 or 3) on your FP1 and FP2 ?

Thanks !

I think there was no code indication on both (I cannot check since I am now in TX and all paperwork is in Baltimore), first FP notice looked like receipt (was on greenish paper) second was just a white sheet looking like a regular letter. 1st had a date and time, 2nd gave us a week, 8-? (5 or 4), any time, whithin that week, we showed up (actually in separate days) and it was again same like 1st FP: all 10 fingers on computer.

Thanks for the information, compass !

Looks like you had code 1 FP both the times, since you had 10 fingers printed.

Here's what the biometric codes mean...
Code 1 - 10 fingers
Code 2 - Picture and signature
Code 3 - 10 fingers, picture and signature

My assumption is they use the picture and signature they obtain during FP (as part of either code 2 or code 3), to produce the physical card. May be that is the reason why the card is automatically ordered for people who have completed code 3, once their 485 is approved. I was wondering where they would get the picture and signature, for the card to be produced, in the case of people who had only code 1 FP. May be they use the picture we submit along with the 485 application ? Hence the thinking that may be they would send out another FP notice with Code 2.

I guess I'm thinking too much. Wasting way too much time in analyzing the ways of USCIS. I wish this comes to an end asap.

Thanks again !

compass said:
I think there was no code indication on both (I cannot check since I am now in TX and all paperwork is in Baltimore), first FP notice looked like receipt (was on greenish paper) second was just a white sheet looking like a regular letter. 1st had a date and time, 2nd gave us a week, 8-? (5 or 4), any time, whithin that week, we showed up (actually in separate days) and it was again same like 1st FP: all 10 fingers on computer.

eternal_labor said:
Looks like you had code 1 FP both the times, since you had 10 fingers printed.

Here's what the biometric codes mean...
Code 1 - 10 fingers
Code 2 - Picture and signature
Code 3 - 10 fingers, picture and signature

My assumption is they use the picture and signature they obtain during FP (as part of either code 2 or code 3), to produce the physical card. May be that is the reason why the card is automatically ordered for people who have completed code 3, once their 485 is approved. I was wondering where they would get the picture and signature, for the card to be produced, in the case of people who had only code 1 FP. May be they use the picture we submit along with the 485 application ? Hence the thinking that may be they would send out another FP notice with Code 2.

I guess I'm thinking too much. Wasting way too much time in analyzing the ways of USCIS. I wish this comes to an end asap.

Thanks again !

They never took my picture for green card! On the interview they took one finger print on the white form and asked me to print (not sign!) my name inside frame on same white form. At same time I submitted my new passport-style pictures (they did not ask for it), they accepted them and replaced the old ones (with 'ear'). Same for my family. So I think they will use those pictures for GC...al least, on interview they said, now go home and just wait for GC in mail...well waiting was long enough for 10 FP being expired so we had them (10 FP) again...
I guess, I am thinking too much, too... now maybe they changed the procedure for the card and we will get another FP notice instead of just cards in mail....

compass you could always call the 800 number and ask if the cards have been sent to be made. Again depends on who you get to talk.

QCO1 said:
compass you could always call the 800 number and ask if the cards have been sent to be made. Again depends on who you get to talk.
Thanks!
I think I have easier way now...turned out that we received welcome letters yesterday (all 3 of us), letters have EAC numbers for I-181 form CREATION OF RECORD OF LAWFUL PERMANENT RESIDENCE, I just added them to my portfolio online and now when they mail cards, I will get e-mail....online status now says approved on April 7 and approval notices sent....well maybe I will get more approval notices from VSC (ones we got were from baltimore) or they mean cards, not sure....

Turns out you are right !

I wish it happens the same way in my case too. Well first things first, I need the approval to start with.

compass said:
Thanks!
I think I have easier way now...turned out that we received welcome letters yesterday (all 3 of us), letters have EAC numbers for I-181 form CREATION OF RECORD OF LAWFUL PERMANENT RESIDENCE, I just added them to my portfolio online and now when they mail cards, I will get e-mail....online status now says approved on April 7 and approval notices sent....well maybe I will get more approval notices from VSC (ones we got were from baltimore) or they mean cards, not sure....