Baltimore tracker: marriage to a US citizen

What's after interview?

Congratulations, Daniel! You seem to be very close to get it done. Is there anything else after the interview, or that's it?

daniel_at_md said:
Finally received the FP and interview notice.
FP is between 5/13/05 and 5/20/05.
Interview is on 6/7/05

Does anybody knows what kind of documents should be included in the 'affidivate of supports'?

Congrats

Congratulations Daniel,
You are almost done, huh?
I guess that you've applied about 3 month ahead of me, I would expect getting my case done in September..hopefully

Young-

Hi all, just had the interview this morning. Everything went well and I was told a approval letter would arrive in couple weeks. Probably get the plastic card within 3-4 weeks.

daniel_at_md said:
Hi all, just had the interview this morning. Everything went well and I was told a approval letter would arrive in couple weeks. Probably get the plastic card within 3-4 weeks.
can you please give us details about your interview? Did they stamped your passport?

Arrived 9:10 and waited until 9:55. A lady called my wife and I in to her office.
1) Swore to tell the truth.
2) Show passports and driver licenses for IDs check
3) Asked me my b-day, ss #, where do I work, some yes/no questions on my I-485 application
4) Asked my wife my b-day
5) Asked my wife both my parent's first name
6) When and where we met and where we got married
7) Asked me did I purpose to her
8) Checked all my supporting document on my I-485 file, especially the submitted tax return
9) Asked us if we could show her more evidences
10) We showed her the wedding/travalling pictures (she didn't really care about the pictures)
11) Then showed her our joint account bank letters, letters from friends and neighbor, auto insurance, credit bank letter.
12) Asked us if we own or rent a property. We own a property but it was on my wife's name only. Explained to her why only one name of the property.
13) Done and was told based on the evidences she saw she would approve the case. An approval letter will arrive in couple weeks. No stamp on the password because of the current policy. If I wanted to travel, I could get a stamp after receiving the approval letter. She added she heard a lawyer saying the plastic green card arrived in 3 weeks with one of his client. Hope this is true.
14) She took out a white with lots of green-line boxes paper and asked me to print my name and finger print my index finger again on both sides.
15) Before we left, I asked her if my FBI name check was ok. She looked at my file and found the letter from FBI. Told us the name and prints are all ok.
16) Left her office in just 15 minutes.
17) Done and now waiting for my GC.

Time mailed out the application on 10/08/2004.
Interview on 06/07/2005.

to daniel at md

hi..daniel
Let us know when you receive your approval letter. I am in the exact same situation as you are. except that i've been waiting for that approval letter since april :confused: .

good luck....

just received the approval letter today (June 14, 2005), a week after the interview. GC should arrive within the next 9-12 months says it on the letter. instruct to get a stamp at the local uscis if needs temporary evidence.

Congrats!!!

Congratulations Daniel at MD!!! and thanks for the info, maybe i need to make an appointment on infopass and inquire about my approval letter.

can the stamp be used in the same way as a green card? like applying for instate tuition at a university?

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview Notice

Hi All,
Finally received Finger Print and Interview Notice.
Finger Print between 7/08 ~ 7/15
Interview on 7/29

It's earlier than I expected.
my files were transfered to Baltimore on 1/31/05.

Congratulations!

That is good news Young J. You got the interview in less than 6 months at Baltimore DO! Please keep us poseted about your experience.

By the way, I noticed that almost all of the posts in this thread are about the cases filed at Vermont Service Center before phase two of direct mail program. Therefore, the timeline and procedure for you guys is a bit different than those who sent their package to Chicago Lockbox.

That would be of great benefit, if those whose DO is Baltimore, and filed their I485 at the Lockbox share their timeline.

-Crusher

04/07/05 Sent I-(130, 485, 765, 131) to Chicago Lockbox
04/08/05 Receive Dates for All
04/13/05 Notice Dates for All
04/16/05 FP and Bio done at Glenmont ASC
06/08/05 EAD and AP Approved
06/13/05 EAD and AP Received (in mail)

As of now, waiting for interview letter.... :rolleyes:

The story so far ..

Applicaiton sent: 12/1/2004
EAD received : 01/07/2005
Finger printing: 07/15/2005
Interview: 07/29/2005

Anyone has any idea how long it takes for the fingerprints clearance?

/simon

Crusher,....

Crusher said:
FP and Bio done at Glenmont ASC
06/08/05 EAD and AP Approved
06/13/05 EAD and AP Received (in mail)

Did you get some sort of confirmation that the FP and Bio were approved? Or was the first response you got after your FP and Bio were done, your EAD and AP approval?

I had my FP and Bio done at Salisbury ASC recently and it went really bad. 5 of 10 "rolled" prints didn't match the "flats". I wonder whether I should expect to go in for another FP. :confused:

fingerprinting...

As for the fingerprinting results, USUALLY they are submitted to CIS within 10 to 14 business days of the date they are taken. What simon ship might be waiting to be cleared 'AFTER THE INTERVIEW' is more about the name check than just finger printing results.

and, Madilief, I think you should give them at least 10 business days and check your I485 online status aftewards. Since they take digital prints, the machine alerts the agent if the prints are not legible. Anyways, worst comes to worst, they might ask you for another FP appointment, and there is not much to worry about at this stage.

GC Received

Hi guys,
Just received a plastic card (8/29/05).
I guess my process has been completed.
Good luck with you guys..

My timeline was

1/14/05 Filed I-130, I-485 and I-765 to Vermont Center
1/21/05 Receipt Notice
1/31/05 Transferred files to Baltimore Office
2/24/05 Received Letter for EAD
3/08/05 Pick up the EAD card at Baltimore office
6/25/05 Finger Print and Interview Notice
7/15/05 Finger Print
7/29/05 Interview
8/22/05 Received a plastic Green Card

Young-

Young_J said:
Hi guys,
Just received a plastic card (8/29/05).
I guess my process has been completed.
Good luck with you guys..

My timeline was

1/14/05 Filed I-130, I-485 and I-765 to Vermont Center
1/21/05 Receipt Notice
1/31/05 Transferred files to Baltimore Office
2/24/05 Received Letter for EAD
3/08/05 Pick up the EAD card at Baltimore office
6/25/05 Finger Print and Interview Notice
7/15/05 Finger Print
7/29/05 Interview
8/22/05 Received a plastic Green Card

Young-

Congratulations Young-J, I am very happy for you.
Hope you had a huge celebration..LOL

Today I got a letter from USCIS saying my case is approved. I am waiting for the real card now.

In short the processing time for me:

Dec 2004 : application filed
Jan 2005: Got EAD
May 2005: fingerprinting
June 2005: interview
Aug 2005: letter stating that the case is approved.

Good luck to others still waiting (well I'm waiting too for the real card ).

Got Approval Letter from Baltimore Office

Hi Everybody,

I got an approval letter for my I-495 yesterday(08/24). I didn't get passport stamp at the time of the interview because my background check was pending. Now, I have an Infopass appointment for passport stamping. Good luck to everyone!!!!

My dates were:

08/31/2004: Sent all paperwork( I-130, I-495, I-795)
09/07/2004: Receipts for all applications
09/17/2004: Transfer notice to Baltimore Office
09/24/2004: EAD appointment notice
10/07/2004: Got EAD
01/28/2005: Fingerprints notice
02/18/2005: Fingerprints done
04/02/2005: Interview notice
05/16/2005: Interview without stamp( background check pending)
05/26/2005: I-130 Approval Letter
06/23/2005: EAD renewal receipt
08/09/2005 : Tranfer notice for EAD to Baltimore office
08/22/2005 : I-485 approval
08/24/2005: Got I-485 approval letter

Finally

I finally Had my FP and biometrics done today at the federal bldg in downtown baltimore. Its been such a long wait just to have the FP taken. Almost 80 days( I noticed most people didnt have to wait that long for the FP and Biometrics) since I posted my package to the Chicago lock box.(My last LUD was in June 27...) So it has been 2 full months of waiting just to do the FP, I almost tore my hair out in frustration :mad:
So its another long wait for the the next process...
Approx how long does it take for them to clear the FP/namecheck and approve the EAD????? When will I see another LUD????Someone please let me know...I am losing my mind here!!!!! :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
FBI Investigation Pending

Folks,

I had my interview on Aug 2nd in Baltimore and my I got a notice few days back that my I 130 was approved. The inteview was very smooth and the officer told us that everything looks good but we are waiting for FBI name check.
Apparently there are a lot of people stuck in FBI name check. Is there anyone in similar situation as mine associated with Baltimore office?
I had mailed my I-130 in Nov 04 and I 485 in Jan 05.
Thanks,
Anu